Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary This position oversees the planning, execution, and on-going operations of multiple organic recycling projects on a regional basis.
Preferred location is Southern California.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Take a lead project coordination role in the development of internal organics processing capacity.
- Assemble project teams, develop timelines, identify and acquire necessary engineering, permitting, and other required resources; assign responsibilities, and coordinate project development efforts and meetings.
- Working with the Director of Organic Recycling, and the Corporate Organics and market area teams, evaluate appropriate processing technologies, solicit bids from technology vendors and partners, and participate in technology selection and contracting.
- Completes project site evaluations, and develop accurate project proformas.
- In coordination with market area business development leaders, assist in the evaluation of opportunities to meet the needs of organics customers and prospects.
- Serve as liaison between team members and functional area management, and ensure consistent communication at all levels.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Hire, train, and/or contracts with third parties to manage day-to-day operations of organics processing facilities.
- In conjunction with the Director of Organic Recycling, corporate staff, and the Corporate Organics and market area teams, ensure strict compliance with all applicable Federal, State, local and company Environmental and Risk Management Policies and Procedures at all operating locations.
- Develop and maintain regional project plans and budgets, evaluate performance, and develop and execute actionable plans to adjust to changing conditions.
- Inspects and analyze project outputs and deliverables.
- Supervise team work processes and procedures and expenses, and support programs which drive team performance toward departmental and organizational goals.
- Review and evaluate work to ensure quality, timeliness and ensure quality control in adherence to policies and procedures.
- Working with the Director of Organic Recycling, and the Corporate Organics and market area teams, negotiate, administer, and manage contracts, contractors, and consultants as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisory employees. This includes:
- Potential direct supervision of up to three full-time employees.
IV. Qualifications The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Required: Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent experience in Project Development and Operations Management and at least three years of related industry experience, with a preference for candidates with a strong science, business development, and/or project development/engineering background.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Commitment to Environmental Compliance and Safety
Demonstrated enthusiasm and passion for the role
Demonstrated ability to be self-directed, and to work as part of a team
Computer proficiency in Microsoft suite
Strong science and/or engineering/operations background
Strong written and oral communication skills
Positive disposition and attitude
Integrity and sound ethical reasoning
Solid analytical and reasoning skills
Ability to work with varying personalities and skillsets V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) part of the work day ;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely ;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) part of the work day ;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements part of the work day ;
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."