Bethesda Metro Center (17049), United States of America, Bethesda, Maryland
Senior Manager, Portfolio Management – Healthcare Real Estate
Capital One Healthcare Finance business is one of the most active capital providers in the U.S. healthcare market, and has provided more than $65 billion in financing over the past 10 years. For the fourth consecutive year, the Healthcare Finance business (HFS) was the top lead arranger by volume and number of transactions completed for all financings under $500 million in U.S. healthcare leveraged finance.
Customers across 45 healthcare sectors — including senior housing, hospitals, medical offices, outpatient services, pharmaceuticals and medical devices — rely on HFS to finance acquisitions, refinance existing debt, support working capital needs and fund growth initiatives. With in-depth industry knowledge and expertise, the HFS team of professionals creates business and financial solutions tailored to meet the individual needs of its customers.
As an Sr Manager, Portfolio Manager for the Healthcare Real Estate Team, you will work with the Medical Office Building (“MOB”) Portfolio Management team to monitor MOB portfolio accounts by conducting due diligence, financial modeling, and financial analysis, as well as managing legal documentation for loan modifications.
- Analyze customer operations and finances to determine credit worthiness in accordance with underwriting guidelines and credit policies.
- Work closely with deal teams and loan closing team to ensure that proper records are maintained on an on-going basis.
- Interface with stakeholders to obtain needed information, resolve credit related issues, and minimize potential losses.
- Monitor and report on accounts to ensure on-going compliance with loan agreements, policies and best practices.
- Collaboration skills: Works effectively in cross functional team environment.
- Communication skills: Clearly articulates view point verbally and in writing, fostering confidence when sharing/ presenting information, maintaining open communication across deal teams.
- Dependability: Reliable, responsible, dedicated, committed, and fulfills obligations.
- Takes initiative: Understands deal process and proactively completes subsequent steps in the deal process. Reaches out to others if unsure.
- Prioritization skills: Balances workload and prioritizes effectively. Able to manage self and time to meet commitments.
- Systems proficiency: Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook and Excel and demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly. Experience with ARGUS is preferred but not required.
- Experience in cash flow analysis, collateral analysis, financial analysis or loan operations/closing
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
- At least 8 years of finance or at least 8 years of accounting experience including financial analysis, preparing financial information and interpreting financial performance.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.