Perform pricing and market analysis and coordinate pricing for the organizations products and/or services in order to optimize profit and meet marketing, financial, and corporate growth objectives. Work closely with business development, marketing, and finance departments to develop compliant cost/price strategies and proposals. Research and track competitor pricing and market trends. Analyze the impact of pricing changes on profitability and growth rates. Resolve critical issues and contribute to the business unit/area development. May require campaign management, compliance and operational management experience and ability to implement complex projects in close partnership with technology. May manage the work efforts of managers/supervisors with responsibility for hiring, firing, performance appraisals, and pay reviews.
The ideal candidate will:
- Think strategically and innovatively.
- Proactively identify and act on business opportunities and challenges.
- Anticipate risks and plans for contingencies.
- Drive continuous improvement through process discipline and innovation.
- Leverage external relationships and insight.
- Respond quickly and effectively to change and ambiguity.
- Work through conflict to get win/win results.
- Receive guidance from directors on departmental issues.
- Exercise considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment.
- Resolve critical issues and contributes to business unit/area development.
- Excellent knowledge of the field with strong leadership skills.
- Very wide latitude for decision making.
- Gather information, consults those who need to be involved, and puts decisions into action.
- Coach employees in decision-making by thinking through scenarios and decision criteria before taking appropriate actions.
- Communicate decisions to stakeholders within ones team in a timely manner.
- Develop solutions to problems of unusual complexity which require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovativeness.
- Challenges are frequently unique and solutions may serve as precedent for future decisionsExcellent written and verbal communication.
Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Strong presentation and professional speaking skills.
- Excellent influencing skills
- Masters Degree and 5+ years of relevent experience or Bachelors Degree and 10+ years of experience.
Masters preferred We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.