Senior Procurement Manager Marketing and Opex Canada BU About The Coca-Cola Company
Everyone knows Coca-Cola. It's the best-known product in the world. We've been making our most famous drink since 1886 and it still tastes the same.
As a business, The Coca-Cola Company is constantly evolving - we develop new products, acquire great brands and pioneer new ways of doing things. We sell four of the world's top five non-alcoholic sparkling drinks (Coke, Coke light, Sprite and Fanta) and 3,600+ products in over 200 countries, including water, juices, energy drinks, and even tea and coffee. Altogether, that adds up to more than 1.9 billion drinks around the globe every day. JOB SUMMARY:
QUALIFICATIONS / COMPENTENCIES / SKILLS:
- Lead and drive the development of Strategic Procurement function and manage a sourcing portfolio with a spend of over 100M US$ including DME & Opex categories through the Collaborative Procurement Model (CPM), Category Management and 7-step sourcing process. With key focus (but not limited) to Creative, Media, Digital (iMarketing), Production Management, Design, Shopper Marketing, Market Research, POSM/Promotions, Travel, Facilities, IT and Professional services
- Responsible for sourcing and operational expertise in defined Categories collaboratively aligning with Marketing and Opex related functions at early stage in 7SSP project development process (Business Planning), analysis, sourcing, negotiating, contracting and managing agency to deliver maximum productivity benefits (Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Responsible for ensuring monthly reporting through updated CPM Tracker at BU level, working with CCNA Project Management Office with strong governance through management of Steering Committee cadences, enabling correct sign off at senior director level within the BU
- This role will be a STRATEGIC Category leader of Procurement to influence significant change management across Country/BU/Region
- Support BU & Regional Procurement Director (as applicable) in the development of Procurement, creation of productivity BP, Category Management, Strategic Sourcing, P2P Management, Operational support and Internal controls and compliance.
- High level of maturity and senior leader/stakeholder communications skills required within Coca-Cola and critically with Bottler in order to manage/leverage Total System DME management
- Manage 1 contract procurement resource in market to identify prioritized tactical procurement requirements in BU.
- Support marketing function by defining and guiding best practice sourcing process, includes alignment with Marketing Factory Process Development (improved marketing process management).
- Collaborate with Regional BU's and Global teams to ensure full visibility to local category strategies and ensure sharing of best practices in and out of BU
- Align with Global Agency Management, Brands and IMC group to guide and support best practice Agency Management and ensure VBC, Scope of Work management and Roles and Responsibilities aligned and in place for all sourcing activity with Marketing
- Support Marketing with delivery of Key Performance management (such as P4P) including quarterly agency reviews (TCCC Agency Evaluation and Scope of Work Tracking)
- Through knowledge of Category Strategy Management identify regional/global sourcing opportunities for improved systems and process efficiencies e.g. Agency SOW management, Production Process management, End to End business process management
- Develop strong collaboration with Finance Department and marketing function in BU to ensure knowledge of and a proactive approach to budget timeline and planning in order to support 7SSP for each Category (ZBW)
- Coordinate with Marketing & Commercial Finance and Financial Operations to ensure appropriate and relevant financial analyses conducted, spend analysis, budgeting, internal controls and transactions processing. Identify opportunities for greater finance reporting to support Procurement sourcing decisions e.g. P2P business intelligence
- Manage SPP5.1 procurement policy and procedure for BU to ensure consistent and complied implementation
- Collaborate with Bottlers to identify savings as well as process improvement opportunities
- Leadership skills
- Influencing skills
- Strategic Business Management Skills
- Strategic Change Management Skills
- Exceptional business communication skills, including negotiations
- Category management knowledge and experience
- Category portfolio management leadership and business acumen
- Procurement expertise and analytical skills
- Expertise in strategic sourcing under the Collaborative Procurement Model (CPM)
- Operational excellence and business process improvement
- Project management skills
RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- 7+ years of strategic sourcing experience in indirect procurement, especially in marketing procurement, preferably gained in a FMCG/ Beverage/ Retail / Consulting
- Experience in procurement, Category Management, strategic sourcing such as 7SSP , consulting and/or business operations
- Experience in human resource management, training and people development
- Proven experiences in managing complex internal and external partnership for outsourced and insourced Procurement services as well as change management projects
- Proven ability to effectively partner/ influence/ lead to achieve business results
Required: University/Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Preferred: Advanced Degree
- MCIPS, IPA / MBA preferred
- Excellent written and oral English skills. Fluent French written and oral skills.
- Travel up to 10% of work time under normal conditions
Coca-Cola Limited is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We have a number of programs and policies in place to support this goal. For individuals with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request. Should you require an accommodation, please contact our KO HR team by calling 1-877-677-6774.
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At Coca-Cola Ltd. (Canada) you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
Relocation costs are not provided for this job, by submitting their profile and resume, candidates understand and acknowledge that The Coca-Cola Company will not provide relocation assistance or support and that relocation will be entirely the responsibility of the candidate.
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.