The Senior Manager, Business Development supports senior executives in managing the strategic growth objectives, by delivering product portfolio management frameworks, data analytics infrastructure, and executive reporting across all business units. In this cross functional role, the successful candidate would anticipate internal and or external business challenges, integrate industry benchmarks and customer roadmaps, and recommend process, product or service improvements and investment strategies. Responsibilities
Qualifications: Desired Skills & Experience
- Build strong cross-functional engagement across multiple business units in Product Marketing, Finance, Operations, Product Development and Program Management.
- Consolidate technology and product roadmaps, highlight investment gaps, and provide insights on strategic investment allocation across the broader portfolio.
- Build dashboards for effective executive level communication across businesses and functions.
- Integrate tools to effectively analyze data, and assist in executive decisions to drive short term and long term goals of the enterprise
- Identify Product Portfolio Management benchmarks and best practices within current and adjacent industries.
- Engage with Advanced Technology functions on development roadmap and investment needs for growth programs.
- Attend Key phase exit reviews, highlight and summarize product development gaps and investment needs. Review individual Program Readiness Assessments and provide insights.
- Assist in expanding portfolio management beyond Wafer Fab equipment to Applied Global Services, and other key product divisions including Display.
- Be an extended resource to Product Management teams at the business units in market and application segmentation, sizing and resource allocation.
- Bachelor's Degree with minimum 7 years of industry experience. MS or MBA preferred.
- Experience in Product Marketing, Product Management, Business Development or Corporate Strategy function, preferably in Semiconductor industry, or equivalent Management Consulting experience.
- Ability to synthesize data from multiple sources into key insights and recommend actions.
- Knowledge of semiconductor product and technology roadmap.
- Experience building executive level presentations.
- Ability to innovate and solve unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business.
- Critical thinking and ability to influence and communicate effectively with multiple internal stakeholders (technologists, engineering, Ops, finance, marketing, strategy).
- Ability to anticipate business and regulatory issues; recommend product, process or service improvements.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.