Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
eBay is seeking a dynamic and experienced Leader with a strong project and operations background who can lead key programs of work whilst also leading and developing a team of professional project and program managers within Global Customer Experience (GCX). The individual will partner closely with key initiatives to help shape great customer experiences.
The position will report to the Director of Marketplaces (MP) & GCX Initiatives and will lead and oversee a portfolio of work sponsored by the business (MP & GCX) helping to ensure strong partnerships, input to solutions, execution and deliverables to meet business objectives. He / She will also focus on continuously developing the capabilities of the team.
The successful candidate will display a blend of skills including leadership, influence, business acumen, communications, facilitation, leadership presence, tactical ability and project and operational skills. He / She will enjoy working across multiple areas in the business with a variety of stakeholders to drive and lead change on behalf of the business.
- Collaborate and build partnerships with global and cross-functional leaders to ensure successful alignment within and beyond GCX
- Lead key programs of work connected to the global GCX portfolio, ensuring appropriate planning, scheduling and execution
- Effectively lead, develop, coach and inspire a team of professional project and program managers
- Align resources with portfolio and business priorities and effectively solution and facilitate trade offs when constraints arise
- Oversee successful and timely execution of MP and GCX objectives in line with the project lifecycle and project management methods
- Lead and facilitate Project Health, Project Plan Reviews and Project update meetings representing group or organization
- Monitor individual, team and portfolio performance and implement enhancements to improve efficiency and effectiveness of both performance and service
- Effectively resolve conflict, remove roadblocks and support / lead on decision making when escalations arise
- Continuously improve service and results for our people and the business, operating with a cross functional and global lens
- Promote best practice sharing across project/program teams as well as within own function
- Lead and manage change for the team, including developing and driving effective change plans and balance execution efficiency with risk mitigation
- Develop effective plans to meet both short and longer term goals
- Make sound decisions in ambiguous or difficult situations, including when under pressure
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of appropriate and effective progress reporting methods at the individual and team level
- Demonstrated track record of performance and leading complex change for the business
- 8+ years professional related work experience and hands on project and operational experience desired
- 3+ years leadership experience in a large, cross functional organization
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
- Excellent organizational change management skills with a strong attention to detail
- Outstanding collaboration and partnership capabilities are essential
- Demonstrated competency in developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems
- Ability to lead in a large, complex and diverse global organization and partner well with peers
- Skilled in focusing on desired results, determining what is important and urgent, and delegating effectively to meet deadlines and achieve desired results
- Strong customer service orientation; strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Experience with senior leadership and ability to deliver executive level summary updates, reports and presentations
- Exhibits strong written and verbal communication skills
Location & Travel:
- Position is based in Salt Lake City
- Travel requirements will vary with assignments (mainly San Jose). Expect 10 - 15% travel.
Education: Bachelors Degree, or equivalent
A little about us:
eBay is a global commerce platform and payments leader connecting millions of buyers and sellers.