This is a GR-R-REAT opportunity to lead the development and implementation of operational improvements. The improvements will consist of strategies, tools, and practices that deliver a system and culture resulting in year-over-year operational improvements that achieve and sustain business performance. This position will work closely across the operational network to establish the right systems, tools, and methods that deliver real time feedback and quantifiable metrics leading the integration for best practices on all aspects of performance.
Reporting to the Vice President of DSD Retail Strategy & Operation this is a leadership role within National Snacks organization. You will facilitate Strategic Processes, Systems & Reporting to enable the organization retail outlets to deliver the Topline & Maximize Operating Profits. While you are at it you'll be building your network and expertise in a thriving environment of professional development and teamwork. And together we'll build a stronger future for our company and your career. WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as a Senior Manager - Project Management / Continuous Improvement at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
Qualifications: WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Implementing and sustaining continuous improvement practices and culture throughout the organization that will drive to become and sustain the industry position of being the low cost producer
- Delivering operational execution excellence through standardization & national processes
- Identifying and implementing best practices that create a working culture of continuous improvement based individual accountability and action by all employees utilizing appropriate Lean/Six Sigma tools and practices
- Providing leadership in the identification and implementation of performance improvement initiatives across all lines of business
- Ensuring all aspects of operations management systems and tools that are deployed are properly implemented and recorded for data integrity, operational readiness, guaranteeing proper usage and management of data is optimized
- Facilitating the flow of communication between leadership and zone leadership through tracking and analysis of key metrics and initiatives
- Leading national/region specific projects that improve sales and operating profit
- Engaging with the account teams to generate incremental, business building opportunities through improved execution
- Leveraging technology to identify, develop and deliver solutions for the region
- Simplifying standard reporting and standardizing common practices and key performance indicators
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Sales, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- High School Diploma / GED
- Extensive related experience
- Demonstrated success in leading and implementing operational effectiveness/improvement strategies
- Proven success leading transformation initiatives
- Strong knowledge of continuous improvement tools and techniques
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- Ability to work in conditions that include multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities, extended work schedules and specific time constraints.
- Strong communication skills are critical for success, requiring excellent influence and persuasion skills.
Preferred: WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
* This role is an internal Kellogg Contract Role with an estimated expiration date of 12/31/2017.
Success requires confidence, tact, logic, decisiveness, resilience, and a sense of urgency; while being able to productively debate research results and their strategic implications.
- The ideal candidate will reside in the Battle Creek, MI metro area and will work daily out of our Headquarter Office.
- Estimated travel 20 - 40%, including occasional weekend travel
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish.