Responsible for leading and managing the deal pipeline process as well as facilitating governance forums with Senior Leadership and Executives where all deals are presented and reviewed. Work cross-functionally and collaboratively with the Sales, Finance, Contracting and Pricing Departments to facilitate joint account planning and management of the contract pipeline.Job Responsibilities
- Manage and maintain the portfolio of inflight contract work including tracking all activity in order to drive efficiency and process improvements
- Leads contract governance process including facilitation, meeting preparation, reporting and communications across all stakeholder groups
- Drive the contract prioritization process assisting with meeting facilitation, reviewing the pipeline and providing key insights to enable to group to prioritize deals
- Provide keys insights on the pipeline and volume to Pharmacy Pricing & Underwriting leadership to enable Pricing Analyst capacity planning
- Leads the planning, design and implementation of the Portfolio management process and tools
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to provide critical inputs to the Rx Integrated Plan with insight of annual deal re-newels and pipeline of incoming deals
- Leads the development of performance metrics and tracking progress to measure the health of the process
- Partners with Global FP&A to enhance visibility to contract pipeline and renewals
- Leads reporting of portfolio to key stakeholders and executives
- Engages and influences key stakeholders regarding resource allocation decisions
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of experience in a combination of Contracting, Finance, Account Management, Project Management or Corporate Strategy OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 7 years of experience in a combination of Contracting, Finance, Account Management, or Corporate Strategy.
- Experience leading and directing cross functional teams that matrix with customer's business, regional accounts, managed market's marketing, sales and district pharmacy constituents.
- Experience collaborating with internal and resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing data to identify issues, trends, exceptions that results in improvement and finds solutions.
- Experience negotiating with outside vendors, including negotiating contracts, prices, resolving service issues and reconciling differences.
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience developing strategic initiatives which align with business goals and budget.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to present information to executives and leaders throughout the organization.
- Experience evaluating information to determine compliance with standards, laws, and regulations.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: changing picture styles, customizing animation and/or setting automatic slide timings).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: adding developer tab, creating a macro, formatting table style, inserting comments and/or creating a mail merge).
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 2 years' experience of cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master Degree/MBA
- Experience in pharmacy industry in areas such as Retail, PBM, Managed Care, Mail Service, and Specialty Pharmacy.