Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Sr. Manager, Neutrogena Sales Strategy to be based out of the Los Angeles office.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc., a division of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc., provides sales, marketing and logistical services to U.S. retail customers on behalf of the U.S. consumer companies. It represents one point of contact with our customers for selling teams, customer service, distribution, retail merchandising and professional detailing. It develops and markets baby care, oral care, wound care and skin care products that address the needs of consumer and healthcare professionals and incorporates the latest innovations. The portfolio includes heritage brands JOHNSON'S® Baby, Listerine, and BAND-AID® Brands as well as leading beauty and skin care brands such as NEUTROGENA®, AVEENO® and more.
The Sr. Manager, Neutrogena Sales Strategy is responsible for enabling the achievement of forecast and the OGSM for assigned product group or customer by leading strategic business plans that integrate, align, and achieve customer and J&J business goals. This role manages the planning process and plays a critical role in influencing go-to-market strategies that optimize growth. The Sr. Manager is responsible to lead the new-item launch process for the Neutrogena brand(s) or product(s) and coordinates the efforts of marketing, production, display, and sales planning to ensure on-time delivery and effective implementation of the plan. This individual serves as a liaison between Sales and Marketing by providing “voice of customer” to Marketing and by providing knowledge of marketing and brand strategies to the field. Additionally, the Sr. Manager is a source of in-depth analytics and insights for the team and customers.
• Communicate key strategies, insights, and initiatives between field and internal teams
• Gain alignment across a matrix environment to support goal achievement
• Provide input on key business decisions with senior management that are business critical and strategic in nature
• Review forecast trends and provide insights and updates to senior management on monthly, quarterly, and annual forecast calls as part of the S&OP process
• Lead the talent and performance management of direct reports
• Align the goals of team members with the needs of the team and broader organization to achieve the OGSM
• In conjunction with Director/Sr. Director, provide VOC during new product development processes to ensure portfolio optimization
• Apply and leverage best practices, go-to-market strategies, and operational efficiencies
• Develop tools and processes that can be syndicated across class of trade
• Assist Director/Sr. Director in the development and deployment of the Trade Funding model, customer segmentation, including funding/quota allocations, and ongoing management of funds with Finance business partners
• Serve as the lead Sales Strategy “go-to” contact person for senior management, cross-functional partners, and Field Sales, in the absence of the Director/Sr. Director
• Lead cross-functional team members in development and implementation in the 4Ps
• Ensure execution of plans through regular communication and interaction with the customer team and in-store visits
• Partner with Sales and Marketing to support launch plan execution
• Lead business planning process by preparing insights and analytics to support marketing strategy, preparing planning templates, communicating the process, and conducting internet meetings to complete the customer and sales team planning processes
• Conduct regular update communication sessions between groups to ensure alignment across teams on forecast attainment
• Seek out and secure funds from brand or marketing to support sales efforts.
• Ensure promotional and marketing initiatives remain within budget and maximize trade spend dollar allotment by tracking and monitoring return on investment of trade funds to achieve enhanced share with minimal expenditure
• Track budget and expenditures using LYNX and PRF
• Develop and manage promotional programs, such as special packs, coupon packs, and in-store displays, to support customer sales, while monitoring performance to track and report results
• Organize, analyze, and draw conclusions and insights from syndicated data sources and translates findings for application at the customer team level
• Identify issues and new opportunities and develop customer, category, and brand reviews to drive category and/or brand performance
• Co-lead key top-to-top customer meetings with sales teams
• Comply with company policies and procedures
• Must have at least a 4-year degree or equivalent
• Must have at least 8 years total business experience
• 5 years’ experience in consumer packaged goods required
• People management experience preferred
• Prior experience with skincare preferred
• Prior experience in consumer package goods, including prior experience in direct customer sales, business analytics, or customer or category marketing
• Must be able to work effectively within a fast-paced, complex, changing environment
• Should be able to influence decision makers up and down two or more levels, with and without direct authority, to ensure a fully-aligned customer/company business plan
• Must be able to demonstrate effective communication and negotiation skills;
• Ability to devise and deliver persuasive presentations, based on data-driven insights and facts, to gain support for business strategies and/or initiatives
• Ability to complete projects and follow processes to deliver results, including volume achievements
• Experience working with platinum level customers is preferred
• Ability to plan and execute the business planning process is preferred
• Experience working with syndicated data (IRI/Nielsen) is preferred
• Ability to manage funds and resources to deliver the greatest outcome for the company
• Ability to identify and assess risk and prioritize competing demands
• Strong computer skills, including MS Office Suite applications, database information sources, and web applications
• This position may require up to 20% travel.
United States-California-Los Angeles
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.