Do you have strong technical experience leading or building a Security Operations Center from the ground up? Do you want to work in a high growth, well-respected, fast-paced tech company? If you said yes to each of the questions above, then we have an opportunity for you. In this role, you will help develop and implement a SOC capability to protect Splunk. You will manage all aspects of the program. This is very much a hands-on, chasing badness job.*
- Build and operate Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC) including outsourced level1 SOC and insourced Level2 SOC function. Move to insourced Level 1 in future, if ROI present
- Contract and establish outsource Level 1 SOC through managed security services partner. Establish SLAs, agree implement end to end process. Establish Level 2 SOC capabilities in house.
- Escalate issues to leadership in a timely manner with appropriate information regarding risk, action times, and root cause analysis
- Develops program metrics and reporting frameworks, compiles and analyzes data for accurately timely reporting of detection, project and milestone activity
- Coordinate with Incident Response team to create post-incident feedback loop to educate SOC analysts and enhance detection capability
- Develop and maintain key cross-functional relationships with Physical Security, Product Security, IT, Legal, and other critical business unit areas
- Maintain knowledge of threat landscape by monitoring OSINT and related sources
- Collaborate on and participate in table top Incident Response exercises
- Extensive experience with SIEM and log management platforms; especially Splunk.
- Experience with vendor management; especially Managed Security Service Providers.
- Strong experience creating and tuning detection signatures, Indicators of Compromise (IOCs), and other content to detect malicious activity
- Experience performing log-centric, network-centric, and host-centric detection to create a holistic detection ecosystem
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and respond to security incidents using commercial and or open source technologies.
- Experience with Incident Response methodology in investigations, and the groups behind targeted attacks and tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs)
- Incident Management - analysis, detection and handling of security events
- Solid understanding of networking protocols and infrastructure designs; including cloud infrastructures, routing, firewalls, host and network intrusion detection systems, encryption, load balancing, Active Directory, DNS, and other network protocols
- Comprehension of how attacks exploit operating systems and protocols
- Hands-on experience with security technologies:
o Endpoint Detection & Response tools (EDR) - FireEye HX, CarbonBlack, SentinelOne, GRR, etc
o Intrusion Detection & Prevention (IDP) - Sourcefire, Snort, Bro, Security Onion
o Next-Gen IDS - FireEye NX, Cisco Firepower, Palo Alto WildFire
o Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) - Splunk preferred
o Network Analysis tools - Wireshark, tcpdump
o Full Packet Capture - NetWitness, FireEye PX, Solera, etc
- Experience with scripting in Python, Bash, Powershell,
- Strong understanding of network protocols (TCP UDP)
- Ability to summarize events incidents effectively to different constituencies such as legal counsel, executive management and technical staff, both in written and verbal forms.
- Experience using and extending Splunk is a plus.
- CISSP, GIAC, GCIH, or other security related certification
- Threat hunting experience
- Hands-on experience with security technologies:
o Malware Sandboxing - Cuckoo, Yara, Volatility, etc
o Full Packet Capture - NetWitness, FireEye PX
- Knowledge of databases - Oracle, MySQL
- Experience in Ethical Hacking or Red Team
- 5+ years of experience with the forensic analysis of Windows, Macintosh, and Linux operating systems as well as mobile platforms such as iOS and Android
- Understanding of malware analysis
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data-generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It's what we call Operational Intelligence.
Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 13,000 customers in more than 110 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA - from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 2,700 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, "Fun Fridays".
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and "Fun Fridays".
This isn't a job - it's a life changer - are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor's EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk's Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk's website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone.