The increasing complexity of the Security and Legal challenges for a large enterprise require a dedicated focus on advancing the rate of adaptability for the organization. The tie between Security (Physical & IT) progresses quickly as systems integration maturity develops. The Senior Manager - Security V is responsible for exploring, understanding and providing guidance on appropriate synergies for this rapid state of change. Where gaps are observed, the Senior Manager is tasked with developing solutions and evangelizing those to the organization.
The selected candidate will possess demonstrated security skills to support diverse and complex projects, driving internal security requirements and architectures for Global Security, Information Security and Legal projects. The selected candidate will be responsible for internal and external coordination and a project leadership role in collaboration with Applied's Head of Security and Information Systems Risk Management team. Responsibilities include:
- Researching, evaluating, recommending, and validating security systems designs that deliver on accepted security best practices
- Collaborate with engineering teams to define the security aspects of emerging products
- Development and presentation of contributions to industry standards organizations
- To solve challenging problems and build analytic products with real-world impact
- To design and implement efficient and accurate algorithms suitable for large scale data
- To conduct original research arising from problem-solving
- To be involved in decisions in all stages of research including data collection, big data systems, preprocessing and post-processing
- To be part of the team collaborating with colleagues from various background
- Taking vague requirements and crystallizing them into crisp deliverables
- Develop and review design or functional specifications along with their detailed test plans
- Coordinating and ensuring technical requirements of security are appropriately evaluated, developed, implemented and integrated into the overall corporate technology infrastructure.
- Performing analyses to identify threats, vulnerabilities, and assess risk to corporate resources.
- Performing tests and assessments on systems and/or telecommunications networks to ensure the security configuration and operation is as described in security plans.
- Identify security deficiencies, propose or develop solutions (Red Team model)
The selected candidate will possess the skills to research known hacker methodology, system exploits, and vulnerabilities to support architecture development. The selected candidate will facilitate industry roadmaps, standards, and policies to be proactive to infrastructure security threats, and develop projects that provide solutions to address structural security deficits. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others.Qualifications: Required Qualifications -
Desired Qualifications -
- Candidate shall have a Master's degree in an approved field from an accredited university and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience, or a Bachelor's degree in an approved field from an accredited university and a minimum of 14 years of relevant experience
- Experience/Understanding of security principles, policies, and industry best practices
- Advanced knowledge of security architecture, algorithms and protocols
- A potential for performing original research with strong, practical impact
- A collaborative spirit, broad technical and application interests, and strong communication skills.
- Familiarity with classical and modern tools in statistics and machine learning
- Relevant web protocols/environments include but are not limited to: XML, HTTP, TCP/IP; Java, JS, HTML, PL/SQL, C#, .NET, Windows Server, Linux, Unix, IIS & STB client technologies
- Key technical expertise areas: security, IP networks, mobility core and RAN, routing (IP/BGP, Internet peering), COS, DNS, CP/IP performance, Ethernet
- Experience in the physical security infrastructure and cyber-security industry, particularly with vulnerability assessments
- Understanding of security functions such as IDS, vulnerability detection, and flow control as applied to apps and the NFVI they run on
- Demonstrable experience with application security assessment techniques and tools
- Working knowledge of Security Management Practices
- Working knowledge of Open Source tools
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.