Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Manager/Associate Director Neurogastroenterology & Motility Disorder Research, Gastroenterology Drug Discovery Unit
in our Cambridge
Is a scientific leader in the area of GI motility disorders and/or neurodegeneration research as related GI disease and GI complications of neurological disease. Leads discovery aspects of motility disorder projects (internal and external partnered projects) from target ID through IND leveraging external innovation and partnerships. ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Qualifications: EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- A scientific researcher and project leader within the Gastroenterology Drug Discovery Unit, working within a highly matrixed & virtual environment to build a strong and sustainable preclinical and early clinical motility disorder pipeline
- Collaborates with other Takeda research teams and external partners to build a robust pipeline in motility disorders up to and including clinical POC, with a focus on external innovation
- Works closely with CNS drug discovery unit colleagues to identify and create synergies between GI and CNS research teams in areas of common interest such as neurodegenerative/neurological disease.
- Partners with colleagues in Translational Research and Early Clinical (TREC) team define early development plans thru POC for all internal and external projects in the motility disorder portfolio
- Is a subject matter expert on diligence teams in partnership with Center for External Innovation for the identification and assessment of external platform and pipeline opportunities in motility disorders
- Identifies opportunities for collaborations with key academic groups, CROs, biotech companies for target ID through enhancing project progression and decision making
- Is seen as a subject matter expert and keeps up with the up-to-date scientific advances and competitive environment.
- Represents Takeda and is responsible for creating a presence in the global GI and related scientific community through scientific meetings, advisory boards, online research communities, etc.
- Has an advanced degree in health or life sciences (e.g., Ph.D., M.D., D.V.M.) with significant drug discovery experience including project leadership, or the equivalent from an academic setting
- Is highly knowledgeable and experienced in all aspects of neuroscience, neurodegeneration or GI motility disorder drug discovery.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Has experience of working through virtual and/or matrix team models in basic research
- Capable of leading a matrixed team comprised of scientists from within Takeda as well as external collaborators.
- Has experience of participation in diligence activities in the preclinical discovery function
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- Requires approximately 20% or more travel, including international travel monthly basis.
Empowering Our People to Shine
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Learn more at takedajobs.com
. Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered to shine.