1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Manager, Social Listening & Insights
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Social Listening & Insights to build and lead an industry-leading social listening program. As a core leader within the Digital Brand Strategy Team, you will be responsible for maturing our social listening, insights and command center strategy. The ideal candidate will lead Capital One’s holistic Social Media insights and analytics strategy to capture, analyze and translate social data into actionable engagement and business insights. You will act as a thought-leader within the company, maturing the program to identify insights that will impact business decisions, from marketing to processes to products. This individual will bring bold and fresh insights and serve as a company and brand ambassador, promoting their team as the Center of Excellence for all things social data within the company.
Responsibilities for the Social Listening & Insights:
- Develop a social insights strategy and vision that provides a holistic view of the impact of social media to other parts of the business.
- Mature Capital One’s social visualization capabilities and deploy command center screens to other sites.
- Identify relevant platforms and tools necessary to deliver rich analytics and insights and lead the deployment of these platforms with key stakeholders.
- Work with social strategists, paid social and community management teams to integrate all social data into one database.
- Define and manage a social analytics framework in partnership with key stakeholders across the enterprise.
- Create proactive and reactive reporting streams and processes for internal and line of business partners.
- Manage social KPIs and benchmarks for all reporting, including ad-hoc, ongoing, and integrated marketing reports to discover insights that will impact business decisions.
- Monitor Capital One against competitors and beacon brands within the social space using key KPIs and benchmarks to identify new marketing and business opportunities.
- Define the strategy and process to identify advocates and detractors and work with a cross-functional team to define engagement and content strategies.
- Leverage social listening to develop key KPIs and benchmarks on integrated marketing campaigns.
- Monitor the social space to uncover actionable insights and identify key themes for line of business partners.
- Create and manage the ongoing content and campaign analysis and best practices to optimize future editorial and campaign strategies.
- Partner with technology team to identify data integration opportunities including CRM, database and tech tool integrations.
- Monitor and provide executives ongoing trends within the social listening space
- Manage social listening analyst and the evolution of the social insights team.
To be successful, you will need to bring:
- Relationship management experience with enterprise social platforms, including Sprinklr, Spredfast, Synthesio, Crimson Hexagon or other large social listening vendors.
- Savvy and knowledgeable of social media platforms, APIs, trends and innovations.
- Familiarity with tool and CRM integration.
- Familiarity with Agile product development.
- Expert knowledge within social listening and analytics space.
- Expertise with Social Media Management Systems and Platforms across an enterprise.
- Detailed knowledge and use of data visualization tools, including command centers, Tableau, etc.
- Analytical skills, including the ability to assimilate extensive amounts of detailed data and to see the big picture, providing actionable and influential recommendations.
- Qualitative research skills, including the ability to interpret unstructured data and translate it into actionable insights.
- Thought leadership skills, including the ability to recognize trends and opportunities and formulate hypotheses and recommendations relevant to the business goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience.
- At least 4 years of experience developing and managing social insights and listening.
- At least 4 years of experience leading direct reports in a fast paced, high volume, large corporation or agency; strong cross functional leadership experience.
- At least 6 years of experience in a marketing/digital/social media function.
- Master’s Degree.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.