Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Capital One is seeking a Sr. Manager, Software Engineer to drive technology strategy and adoption for the US Card domain, specifically in assisting the Card Tech organization by articulating interface design, modernization patterns and principles and delivering solutions. This role will require a balance of data architecture, application architecture, and software delivery skills. The Sr. Manager, Software Engineer will join a team of architects supporting US Card domains as well as respected practitioners across the Card Tech organization who will drive change and adoption across 300+ sprint teams. In this role, the engineer will help define and drive towards an end state that is based on simplicity and the adoption of digital technologies, cloud hosting, and open source software. We are looking for a proactive individual who is comfortable working in ambiguous spaces and leading diverse teams to outcomes that are aligned to both business and IT imperatives. This role also requires significant interaction with business and technical stakeholders. Therefore, candidates must exhibit outstanding communication and influencing skills, ability to communicate technical situations/solutions to non-technical stakeholders, as well as a tenacity for overcoming hurdles and impediments. The ideal candidate will have a balanced skill set of deep expertise in digital and data technologies along with great soft skills/competencies.
- Bachelors degree or Military experience
- At least 10 years experience in System Architecture
- At least 10 years experience in large scale application design and development
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and decision making skills
- Ability to frame an architecture strategy and gain buy-in from both business and IT executives
- Ability to define, structure and plan work independently
- Demonstrated ability to describe non-functional requirements (qualities) and translate into architecture constraints
- Experience with financial systems and business processes.
- Experience with Digital Technologies, Open Source Software, and Cloud Hosting
- Experience with data architecture including data modeling, data movement, data marts, ETL and data management concepts.
- Familiarity with multiple database technologies including RDBMS, NoSQL, and Hadoop.
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.