Manager, Software Engineering
Are you looking to provide team or technical leadership in a large scale, data-driven environment?
Capital One is seeking talented thinkers and master engineers who can envision next generation software innovations that will deliver a rich, engaging and unmatched customer experience. In this role, you will design and develop cutting-edge experiences for Capital One customers, using existing and emerging technology platforms. You will be responsible for documenting design decisions and developing software components while adhering to existing process guidelines. You will also act as mentor to junior developers, support QA during testing, and will have oversight during implementation into production.
We deliver using Agile Scrum and are tightly integrated with our business analysis and operations teams. You will lead detailed technical design, development and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Working within an Agile environment, you will actively participate in story planning and detailed daily standups, while providing input for architectural design decisions, and developing code to meet story acceptance criteria. You will have the opportunity to continuously develop technical knowledge and skills on multiple platforms, and educate team members on the capabilities and constraints of technologies. You will be an integral part in advancing the culture of technical excellence within Capital One, and creating experiences to delight millions of customers!
- Work as part of a dynamic team throughout the software development life cycle
- Collaborate with designers and analysts to implement enhancements or new applications
- Develop code to meet story acceptance criteria
- Conduct design and code review to ensure compliance with standards
- Estimate level of effort to develop code to meet acceptance criteria
- Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality / time to market imperatives
- Maintain records to document program development and revisions
- Provide 3rd level support of software solution as needed
- Share best practices and improve processes
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or military experience
- At least 7 years of experience in software development
- At least 5 years of current experience in hands-on Java development
- At least 3 years of experience leading teams through technical design
- At least 3 years of experience mentoring and coaching developers
- At least 3 years of experience Java Frameworks
- At least 3 years of experience in SQL Databases and No-SQL Databases
- At least 3 years of experience working with Operating Systems
- Masters Degree in Computer Science
- Certifications in Sun Java Programming/Development
- Certifications in Oracle
- Certifications in SOA Suite Spring framework
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.