Towers Crescent 2 (12067), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. At Capital One, you'll be part of a group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask “what if”?
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational database.
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Lead/mentor one or more teams
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and
mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience.
- At least 8 years of experience in software development.
- At least 5 years of experience with Agile Scrum methodologies.
- At least 5 years of SDLC experience using Java EE technologies for Middleware and Backend Integration on public cloud.
- At least 3 years of experience with Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Jax-RS or Jersey Frameworks.
- At least 3 years of experience in people management.
- At least 3 years of experience in developing RESTful APIs using Spring or Jersey deploying on public cloud.
- At least 1 year of experience with AngularJS or equivalent framework.
- At least 1 year of experience using AWS environment and infrastructure automation tools.
- Master’s Degree in Computer science or Military experience.
- At least 10 years of experience in Application development.
- At least 4 years of experience as a technical lead on large scale software development projects through complete release cycles and CI/CD tools.
- At least 3 years of experience with AngularJS.
- At least 2 years of experience using AWS environment and infrastructure automation tools
- At least 1 year of experience with Kafka or Spark
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.