Senior Manager, Software Engineering - Search
As a Senior Manager of Software Engineering for Search, you will define and drive the vision and technologies for Capital One’s Customer Search features. You have experience with queries, relevance, classification, and recommendations as well as the ability to lead the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems
with both emerging and traditional technologies. In addition, you will have the opportunity to remain in a hands-on engineering role, writing beautiful code, while also providing functional and technical leadership, and mentoring software engineers on complex and high priority technology projects.
- Own the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems.
- Drive tactical delivery for multiple teams.
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of systems, and determine priority of needs.
- Ensure adherence to defined development life cycle, good software design practices, and Architecture strategy and intent
- Partner with business systems analysts (BSAs), project managers (PMs), and customers to understand the scope of work, priorities, and requirements for development.
- Collaborate with performing teams to deliver new capabilities in business applications and/or remediate issues.
- Enforce company policies in areas of development methodology, architecture, security, change and configuration management, compliance, and HR.
- Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment
- Analyze and estimate feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs.
- Coordinate coding, testing, implementation and documentation of solutions
- Responsible for key system design and integration decisions; and for communicating decisions to individuals implementing the system.
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 8 years of software development experience
- At least 1 year of experience working on search product features
- At least 2 years of experience in people management
- At least 2 years of experience managing large scale software development projects
- At least 2 years of experience in Agile methodologies
- At least 1 year of experience in Java development
- Masters Degree in Computer Science
- Experience with queries, relevance, classification, recommendations, optimization, and information architecture
- 10 years of software development experience
- 6 years of experience in Agile
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.