Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager, Solution Architecture. This position may be located at any of the major Pharmaceutical Development locations including Spring House, PA; Malvern, PA; or Beerse, Belgium and may require 10% domestic and/or international travel.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Senior Manager, Solution Architecture will be part of the Pharmaceutical Development and Manufacturing Science (“PDMS”) IT team with responsibility for architecting solutions and integrating capabilities across multiple product lines related to Pharmaceutical Development and Clinical Supply Chain processes. This role will be the key point of contact for driving data management fundamentals, improving the integration of data and flow of information through PDMS systems and processes. This role will be the primary interface with Enterprise Architecture and other solution architects in R&D IT and Janssen Supply Chain.
The Senior Manager, Solution Architecture will:
• Develop and maintain a strong view of external capabilities and their ability to drive business value.
• Serve as key contact for PDMS BTLs (Business Technology Leaders) and R&D IT PLOs (Product Line Owners) for solution architecture.
• Contribute to the product vision and roadmaps for PDMS. Work across product lines to integrate and align product strategies.
• Ensure IT strategies and standards are incorporated into roadmaps and translated into a project portfolio.
• Partner with PLOs to map business needs to IT capabilities, standards and products.
• Drive application rationalization and ensure lifecycle management is incorporated into product plans and release plans.
• Formulate innovative ideas and solutions on products. Review solutions offerings and assess alternatives.
• Develop recommendations based on industry trends and benchmarking in alignment with IT strategies and technology roadmaps.
• Interface with Enterprise Architecture and provides insight of emerging business needs.
• Build and maintain strong partnerships with business, BTL, PLO and Enterprise Architecture teams.
• Apply compliance requirements within scope of responsibility, provide documentation as necessary, and participate in compliance activities.
• A Bachelor’s Degree and at least 8 years of relevant experience leading a pharmaceutical development or IT domain is required; OR a Master’s degree and a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience leading a pharmaceutical development or IT domain is required.
• Strong knowledge of Development and Clinical Supply Chain processes and technologies is preferred.
• Deep understanding of business drivers/processes and a proven ability to relate priorities to associated technology investments is required.
• Experience working across multiple levels of an organization is required.
• Experience working in a complex, global ecosystem is preferred.
• Proven ability synthesizing leadership and stakeholder inputs into decisions and representing customers/users is required.
• Experience translating business process needs into IT solutions and the ability to work at an abstract level and continuously “pivot” to arrive at the highest impact answer for the customer is required.
• Strong understanding of product development lifecycle, knowledge of healthcare, business theory, management, budgeting and/or business office operations is preferred.
• Ability to relate business priorities to associated technology investments, and the ability to recommend priorities based on highest business value based on multiple stakeholders needs is preferred.
• Knowledge of trends in technology and opportunities in healthcare is preferred.
• Broad technology experience with ability to lead assessments of proposed solutions and develop recommendations is preferred.
• Understanding of the business impact of different solutions and ability to assess impact and communicate the tradeoffs between business needs, technology requirements, timelines, costs and risks is preferred.
• Up to 10% domestic and/or international travel is required