Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
Senior Manager, Solutions Engineer
The Senior Manager, Solutions Engineer will deploy cutting-edge technologies to optimize and enrich our customers’ experiences and services through innovative management of digital data capture, delivery and analytics.
We are looking for a thought leader to lead innovative solution strategies and technology investments which advance the use of digital data for business analytics and customer experiences, providing solution and technology leadership across a range of digital and big data technologies.
The position will be responsible for providing:
- Thought leadership in developing a solution, from high-level system design and prototyping to application development and data integration.
- integrate advanced technology platforms including mobile, analytics, web development, content & information services, self-service support tools, commercial off the shelf products, and cloud-based managed services in an integrated model in alignment with our company's risk and finance strategy and core business systems.
- Work closely with key business functions and development teams including the accountable individuals in business teams framing the strategy and will be responsible for ensuring all relevant architecture views are established and maintained.
- Lead in the adoption and migration to new data technologies for unstructured, streaming and high volume data
- Provide senior level technical direction to application development teams working on complex or data intensive projects
- Solve for how we address important organization data management needs
- Provide oversight and manage technology risks and issues
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience with technologies that process Digital Data
- At least 4 years of experience with big and fast data technologies
- At least 2 years of experience working across matrixed teams to drive strategy and new technology introduction
- At least 7 years of IT experience
- Master’s degree in mathematics, or Master’s degree in economics, or Master’s degree in engineering, or Master’s degree in computer science
- Experience with data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling tools or underlying algorithms
- 3+ years’ experience Python, or 3 years’ experience in Java, or 3 years’ experience in SCALA, or 3 years’ experience in Node.JS
- 5+ years of Financial Services/Card industry experience
- 5+ years of experience operating in Agile software development
- 10 Years of experience in Data Management Practices
- Experience building, motivating and leading teams to solve problems and deliver high quality technology solutions and results in a fast-paced, unstructured environment
- 1+ year Experience with development data delivery and analytics solutions for digital data – clickstream, events, session across mobile and web channels
- 1+ year Experience with the various tools & frameworks of the Hadoop ecosystem (MapReduce, YARN, Pig, Hive, Hbase) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4J)
- 1+ year Experience with streaming and event processing technologies (NiFi, Kafka, Flume, Storm, Spark) that support real-time analytics and actions
- 1+ year Experience with Cloud based data technologies (AWS RDS, Dynamo, Redshift, S3, EMR, Google BigTable, BigQuery, Dataflow)
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.