Join our dynamic, progressive team of Strategic Change Management professionals responsible for developing and creating innovative change solutions and employee engagement campaigns within our Global Information Technology Department. This Senior Manager will be responsible for developing and executing executive-level communication strategies and tactics to support the Chief Information Officer, Senior Leadership Team, and high priority initiatives. This position will also lead the communications pillar of the Strategic Change Center of Excellence.
Become a part of our rich heritage that has grown from a small family business to a global organization with a presence in over 180 countries. At the heart of the Kellogg Company is technology - a key enabler of how we market, sell and manufacture our well-known and beloved brands to consumers around the globe.
The Strategic Change & Communications - Senior Manager position will be located in Oak Brook, IL and report to the Senior Leader of Strategic Change Management & Communications. WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
In your role as a Strategic Change & Communications - Senior Manager you will help the Kellogg Company to continue to grow our business and build our long-term success:
Qualifications: WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Create proactive communication strategies and tactics to support high priority projects and communicate to key stakeholders and internal audiences
- Facilitate conversations with Senior Leadership Team and translate IT strategies and vision into strategic messages and approaches to gain buy-in, and drive awareness and adoption
- Develop and execute employee engagement activities, tactics, and events to increase employee satisfaction and engagement across the IT function
- Create and implement effective and consistent communication and change management Center of Excellence processes supporting IT and Kellogg stakeholder audiences
- Provide change leads and IT partners with strategic counsel and perspective that results in effective communication and change management processes, plans, and deliverables to achieve desired business goals
- Partner with leadership to ensure change management, communication, and training capabilities and solutions implemented consistently and efficiently
- Develop processes and mechanisms to measure effectiveness of communications and integrate continuous improvement opportunities
- Provide thought leadership to support large-scale change, leveraging industry standard methodology to ensure successful planning and delivery
- Lead Strategic Change Management on high profile, complex, global initiatives by applying a structured methodology. Project deliverables and activities include:
- Develop and execute change management strategy and tactics, stakeholder analysis, change impact assessments, communication and training plans
- Create and deliver end user-facing deliverables, including communications, engagement events and activities, and training materials to drive employee adoption
- Define and execute plans to evaluate change readiness and effectiveness based on data collection
- Maintain program and IT staff productivity throughout change by adapting and dealing with obstacles to changes as they arise
- Be a recognized change and communication expert within the organization; maintain a solid understanding of the industry, incorporating best practices as they emerge
- Manage contractors and employees as applicable
At Kellogg Company, we recruit the best people to help grow our business and build on our success. To be considered for this position you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- High School Diploma or GED and extensive related work experience
- Extensive executive and internal communications experience
- Proven experience in writing executive briefs, board of director presentations, and leadership messaging
- High level of strategic perspective and vision and tactical execution to drive business results
- Extensive experience creating and presenting executive level presentations
- Experience influencing, communicating, and working effectively with all levels within the organization
- Team leadership skills, experience/in-depth knowledge of business operations and IT processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook
- Ability to influence, communicate, and work effectively with all levels within the organization
- Solid understanding of the change management and communications industry and incorporating best practices as they emerge
- Experience developing and delivering a change project from beginning to end (including planning, leadership alignment, stakeholder engagement, communications, training, knowledge transfer, business readiness, and adoption)
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, HR, Business, or related field
- Demonstrated conflict resolution, negotiating and influencing skills
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Forward looking with a holistic approach
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Proven success working with corporate senior leadership teams
- Knowledge of IT work processes strongly desired
Travel for this role is expected up to 25%.
Kellogg is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish.