Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Business Development Group is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Strategic Planning based in New Brunswick, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company Division of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc. develops and markets baby care, wound care and skin care products that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals and incorporate the latest innovations. The portfolio includes heritage brands JOHNSON’S® Baby and BAND-AID® Brand, as well as leading skin care brands such as AVEENO® and CLEAN & CLEAR®.
This position will work as a critical member of the Strategic Planning Department to help set the Consumer strategic agenda as part of the Strategic Planning process. The successful candidate will be supporting the creation of the annual Global Consumer Strategic Plan including developing the Where to Play alternatives, the How to Win choices and the detailed integration plan by region and franchise. This role will work with the Director Strategic Planning and the Worldwide Vice President, Strategy and Business Development to prepare the Global Strategy proposal that will be aligned with the Executive Committee of Johnson & Johnson and the Board of Directors.
This individual will work closely with the Consumer Group Operating Committee and the Global Franchise Organization. They will have significant interaction with regional and global financial leads, external consulting partners, and multiple internal functions. The individual will also support the development and deployment of the Consumer Sector Objectives, Goals, Strategies and Measures (OGSM) and the linkage of the Global Strategic Plan with the annual Business Plan. This role will assist in leading certain strategy projects supporting the business on an as needed basis.
• As part of the role supporting the Global Strategic Plan, this individual will work closely with the Director Strategic Planning and Worldwide Vice President of Strategy and Business Development to create roadmaps as part of the process.
• He/she will also organize critical strategy meetings, operational reviews and other key meetings, including coordination and preparation, producing accurate minutes, tracking, monitoring and following up on progress of open action items.
• He/she will conduct market data and trend analysis to help drive the strategic process and analysis.
• The incumbent will organize and produce key presentations relating to the Strategic Planning and Business Planning processes.
• In addition to supporting the Annual Global Strategic Plan, the individual will support the Strategic Planning department to define, oversee and implement certain strategic and cross-functional projects across the global organization.
• He/she will support regions, functions, key markets and individual businesses as required with strategy development approaches.
• The incumbent will lead and manage senior-level teams without direct authority.
• This individual will work directly with senior stakeholders across the organization, including GOC leaders, region heads, and other senior business leaders.
• The incumbent will work independently to oversee multiple projects simultaneously as well as manage day-to-day relationships with external vendors on projects, where engaged.
• Minimum of a BS/BA degree is required.
• A MBA, Master’s Degree, or equivalent experience is preferred.
• A minimum of four (4) years working experience and demonstrated business acumen skills, preferably gained through multi-sector experiences is required.
• Strong customer and marketplace focus, negotiation and influencing skills, and project and time management skills is required.
• Strong consulting and analytical skills including previous consulting or project management experience is required.
• The proven ability to synthesize and make meaning of large quantities of information and to draw conclusions and form opinions based on complex and varying data and information is required.
• The ability to work in the decentralized and global Johnson & Johnson enterprise-wide business model successfully is required.
• Previous experience understanding the complexities of operating in a matrix global framework is required.
• Ability to influence various levels of stakeholders (internally and externally) is required.
• Excellent interpersonal communication, customer orientation and organization skills is required.
• Strong communications skills, verbal, written and through different types of technology and media is required.
• Must be able to provide recommendations in a transparent and balanced manner.
• Intellectual curiosity, accuracy and attention to detail, proficient computer skills, and excellent command of the English language (verbal & written) is preferred.
• This position is primarily based in New Brunswick, NJ and may require up to 20% domestic and/or international travel.
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function