Position: Sr. Manager, Strategic Planning, Activision Publishing Strategy & Business Intelligence
Location: Santa Monica, CA POSITION SUMMARY
The Sr. Manager/Director of Strategic Planning position is a critical and highly visible role at Activision Publishing.
Reporting to the Vice President, Strategy & Business Intelligence, this position plays a key, active role on a small team and drives the Division's long-term strategy and priorities. The successful candidate will support the team's effort in formulating long-term business strategy and ensuring the business is mobilizing, executing and delivering against key strategic priorities. The successful candidate will be a proven and collaborative leader, able to navigate across internal and external stakeholders consistently, adding value in the on-time delivery a credible long-term strategic plan for the Division. The successful candidate's responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: Long Range Planning
Strategy & Business Development
- Planning, calendaring and executing a cross-functional and cross-franchise long-range planning process, including development of templates, managing tasks and milestones through submission of plan and leading review sessions with Business and Executive Leadership Team
- Tracking and ensuring progress of key priorities and initiatives resulting from long-range plan and drive Quarterly Plan Reviews with Business Units and Executive Leadership Team to track execution of initiatives versus plan
- Closely partner with Activision Publishing FP&A during and post plan submission to ensure integration of strategic ambition and priorities with financial plan
- Work closely with key stakeholders in our Business Units on development of franchise specific plan; be the go-to person for annual Long-Range Planning (LRP) process
- Drive development of Board of Directors materials that summarizes Division's long-range plan
- Partnering with Corporate Planning and Corporate Strategy to ensure alignment with ABK corporate strategy and planning process
- Partner with Corporate Strategy on evaluation and discussions around potential M&A opportunities; drive development of business case and work across Activision Publishing to support diligence and evaluation of potential targets
- Support pipeline development: partner with Studio Operations and pipeline team to evaluate inbound opportunities, ensure opportunities are on strategy and aligned with Division priorities, structure and conduct analysis to validate opportunities as needed
- Support strategy, organization and operations-related projects: help define the problem and frame a solution, develop a hypothesis, work with business stakeholder to drive execution of project and support decision making
- Support VP and Division ELT on business development opportunities, including analysis of opportunity, definition of terms and execution of deals with respective business owners
The ideal candidate will have:
- 7-10 years of experience in Strategy/Management Consulting, Corporate Development or Planning & Analysis or similar role focused on formulation and execution of strategy; ideally with experience in development and execution of strategic plans
- Self-starter and humble individual who can collaborate and work well across our several operating divisions and drive alignment and consensus with key stakeholders on important topics
- Strong communication, writing and presentation skills, particularly the ability to develop coherent arguments and present them concisely to a range of senior stakeholders
- Track record of successfully managing complex cross-organizational and cross-functional projects and process and driving to results through influence
- Ability to effectively balance multiple simultaneous priorities and deadlines with tight timelines
- Knowledge of and passion for gaming and technology and ability to get up to speed on the industry quickly
- Exceptional quantitative and financial acumen, including experience with corporate finance
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including building and maintaining financial models and synthesizing large amounts of data
- Strong problem-solving skills such as prioritization, critical thinking and hypothesis development
Undergraduate degree required. MBA strongly preferred. ABOUT ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Activision Blizzard is a global interactive entertainment software leader and the world's largest independent video game publisher.
The company's product portfolio includes Activision Publishing's Call of Duty ® , Skylanders ® and Destiny ® franchises, as well as Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft®, Warcraft®, StarCraft®, Overwatch ® , and Diablo® franchises.
Activision Blizzard is the parent company of Activision Publishing, Inc. and Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and provides corporate shared services such as Legal, HR, Finance, IT, Accounting, Facilities and Sales, for both companies.
A little about us:
We are lucky to work in a business where imagination, creativity, and play aren't only encouraged, they're required.