Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager of Strategic Sourcing located in West Chester, PA or Bridgewater, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $72 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BE VITAL in your Career; be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
Reporting directly to the Director of Strategic Sourcing – the successful candidate will lead a team and drive procurement activities around supplier relationship management best practices (SRM), sourcing processes and delivery of results to meet & exceed the DePuy Synthes Global Orthopedics procurement objectives.
The successful Candidate will develop category and sub-category strategies in consultation with the cross functional representatives in the Virtual Teams, shall execute on strategy and provide overall co-ordination, facilitation and enablement of programs that will drive best practice and leverage across Global Orthopedics and the wider Medical Device and Johnson & Johnson organization.
The key responsibilities are focused on Quality & Risk management, Service and Cost for Global Orthopedics.
The successful candidate will lead a team and be accountable for Supplier Management for a defined scope of category spend.
Responsibilities will include:
- Perform the role of Supplier Relationship Manager at an executive level.
- Partner with base business source management and advanced sourcing to ensure alignment and meet procurement goals across Quality, Service and Cost.
- Be an excellent business partner to a number of functions across the business, in particular supplier quality, manufacturing, material technology and planning teams.
- Lead Global Orthopedics metals or joints sub-category, provide input into the category sourcing strategic direction and co-ordinate the team to ensure alignment to that strategic direction.
- Partner with Supplier Quality to ensure alignment on supplier management processes.
- Upgrade supplier skills (transparent cost management, lean practices, emerging technologies, etc.)
- Develop an expertise in the business needs and capabilities. Keep up with supply market trends, supplier economics, and best practice sourcing.
- Provide guidance to base business on key trends in the market for given sub categories.
- Analyze overall system capabilities in support of the end to end supply chain.
- Focus on team talent and talent development to include training and compliance to relevant company procedures.
- This is not an exhaustive list and site based management responsibilities will apply.
Critical Success Factors or Scope or Responsibilities
Proven track record in Category Management and Supplier Relationship Management in a competitive environment - Delivering on Quality, Risk management and Service whilst focusing on Cost Improvement Plans.
- BS Degree in Finance, Business, Engineering, Operations Management or related field.
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years relevant experience in a sourcing role within a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Experience managing direct reports.
- Proven ability to influence AND collaborate in a matrix environment.
- Proven track record in project management.
- Proven track record in change management.
- Expertise in contracting.
- Financial management of multi-million dollar budget development and control.
- Analytical to absorb information and solve complex problems quickly
- Senior management leadership: setting direction, influencing, goal alignment, lead & influence others in a matrix organization.
- Management and leadership of a diverse workforce
- 12. Strong business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal skills - Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills
- Creative & decisive problem solving skills
- Proven ability to influence/collaborate to get to desired result
- Change leadership expertise
- Customer focus (internal & external)
- Adaptable to meet rapidly changing priorities
- Exercise a high degree of business judgment and sound reasoning
- Ability to travel up to 20% domestically and internationally.
- Excellent negotiating skills, should cost modelling and other cost management tools preferred
- MBA or Master’s degree.
- CPIM (Certified in Production & Inventory Management) certifications.
United States-Pennsylvania-West ChesterOther Locations
North America-United States-New Jersey-BridgewaterOrganization
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)Job Function
Strategic Sourcing/LogisticsRequisition ID