Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager - Global Contracts
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world's workforce in ways no other company can. We're much more than a digital resume - we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
This role requires a customer orientation with emphasis on leadership, strong contracting and drafting expertise, global experience, and a passion for driving innovation and solutions. The successful candidate will have a strong ability to build great relationships and drive contracts to execution.
This position requires seasoned experience with procurement contracts methodologies related to indirect procurement. This position will be defining the framework for successful contracting within Strategic Sourcing.
The Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager- Global Contracts will be responsible for overseeing and participating in all levels of negotiation, along with structuring and management of contractual documents establishing business relationships with LinkedIn suppliers. This individual will draft, review, approve and route high value contractual documents (including but not limited to contractor, commercial agreements and NDA's) for protection of LinkedIn's contractual posture and adherence to company policy. In addition, Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager- Global Contracts will advise management of contractual rights and obligations along with providing interpretation of terms and conditions. This role requires extensive daily interface with internal stakeholders, suppliers, Strategic Sourcing team members and Legal. Responsibilities will also include setting the direction for and managing the Strategic Sourcing Contracts Management team, defining contract management processes and templates, determining contract management team priorities, identification of scaling opportunities, and conducting training sessions for internal team members/ business owners on procedures and other contract or legal topics as necessary along with other projects as directed by management. Responsibilities
- Cultivate and drive continuousimprovement across Strategic Sourcing "SS", Legal and internal stakeholder teams.
- Proficient and efficient contract drafting skills
- Excellent negotiation skills and multi-faceted high value, complex procurement contract experience
- Demonstrated ability to understand legal, risk and business impacts to contract language
- Demonstrated written and oral communications skills, comfortable communicating to peers and management
- Demonstrated time management skills, ability to successfully multitask, flexible, detail oriented
- Demonstrate understanding of contract management concepts and processes
- Liaison between SS and Legal teams
- Demonstrated procurement contract expertise in various indirect sourcing categories as appropriate for a high growth, large international enterprise.
- Define and execute Contract Management strategy.
- Be the Contracts Management subject matter expert and business intelligence resource for the SS and Procurement Operations teams.
- Operate as a Global Contracts Program Manager for key initiatives.
- Engage with SS leadership to identify and proactively focus on major spend initiatives or opportunities to drive growth and efficiencies in the contracting process.
- Facilitate review and continuous optimization of contract review and approval processes.
- Partner with the Legal team to ensure negotiations result in optimal terms and a timely conclusion.
- Effectively partner with internal stakeholders to align SS and stakeholder on initiatives and strategies to achieve them.
- 10+years experience in procurement contract or related background
- 6+ years of experience in negotiated supplier and procurement contracts
• BA/BS degree, JD a plus
• Senior Professional in Supply Management (SPSM) a plus
• Experience with contract management systems
• Excellent communication, analytical, leadership and negotiating skills
• Confidence in dealing with other departments, outside representatives and upper management
• Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines with little supervision
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, startup environment