This role supports the advancement of key mid and long term strategic platforms and projects for the North American business. In addition to supporting the development of enterprise-wide strategy and business development, this role will also serve as a primary project manager on a range of strategic initiatives in partnership with CCNA strategy associates for assigned, selected US BUs and or functions (i.e. R&D, Brands, Innovation, Strategic Marketing, Revenue Growth Management, Franchise & Commercial Leadership, Finance, Foodservice, Minute Maid, and Retail Sales). This role will be responsible for defining project scope and goals; developing stakeholder management plans; identify key hypotheses and analytical approach to prove/disprove them; building support team/aligning resources and SMEs to execute plans; documenting all in project work plan; analyzing brand/financial impact of recommendations; providing written updates in memo or PPT form; presenting findings in small and large group settings.
Key Objectives of Strategy and Business Development:
- Assessment of identified strategic platform opportunities and creation of associated enterprise-wide action plan for business development (examples may include but are not limited to digital strategy, long term innovation platform, sugar reduction project management, lifestage portfolio development, strategic segmentation of pricing, farm to table strategies, etc.)
- Evaluation of marketplace actions (e.g., legislative, competitive, ingredient) and potential response (examples may include but are not limited to taxes and regulations, competitive gaming, etc.)
- Development of mid-and longer-term strategic focus areas based on value and ability to win, utilizing analytical evaluation (with proprietary and syndicated insights, internal and customer data, financial analysis, and internal and external growth forecasts) as well as scenario and discrete choice models (in partnership with decision science and K&I)
- Support design and development of the translation of strategic choices into clearly articulated in-market actions (in partnership with cross-functional team)
- Manage and support the development of selected associated strategic initiatives/projects deemed critical to accelerate profitable growth
- Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree (e.g., MBA, MS) preferred with broad business and economic knowledge
- 6 or more years of experience in strategy and/or business development in consumer-oriented industries (e.g., CPG or retail) is required; it is preferred that this experience is derived from a business operating unit in a multinational or large company
- Knowledge and experience in Coca-Cola North America and/or bottling system is advantageous
- Experience in strategy and business plan development, inclusive of problem resolution and opportunity assessment
- Excellent analytical skills with objective analytical bias and approach
- Strong project management capability, including project scoping, brief development, and project team leadership to drive tangible results
- Effective communication and ability to manage appropriate dialogue at all organizational levels
- Ability to exert personal influence and build value-based relationships
- Financial acumen (nimble with P&L, key ratios, and balance sheet with focus on economic profit)
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.