Senior Manager Supply Chain Business Process Management-Make Process
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a Senior Manager Supply Chain Business Process Management-Make Process
in Gaithersburg, MD,
you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. Operations
at AstraZeneca is a truly world-class business unit. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.Main Duties and Responsibilities
Provide support on planning, directing and overseeing a wide range of analyses, related to current and future improvements within Business Improvement. As an expert, develops and monitors a range of projects involving business improvements and coaches junior staff. Recognised expert within own field and often first point of contact for specialist queries.
- Process Champion primarily for the Make function
- Acts as a source of knowledge in one or more areas of Business Improvement, defining and communicating current and future business improvement needs and opportunities
- Maintains the process and technology for identifying and tracking continuous improvement initiatives
- Prioritises business improvement issues and delivers own business improvement findings and recommendations to a cross-functional team
- Enables cross-functional sharing of business improvement ideas by ensuring adequate systems and processes for recording data in a centrally accessible manner
- Supports project managers in implementing changes to improve the way various functions and teams perform
- Oversees specialised research to deliver new proposals, and amalgamates findings so they can be used to underpin new business initiatives
- Co-ordinates the development and presentation of best options or working models to enhance business continuity or improve business performance
- Keeps own knowledge of best practices on business information and intelligence such as Lean Sigma process current
- Leads and implements globally agreed Business Improvement strategies including process and technology related to the function
- My have some budgetary responsibility
- Bacherlor's degree in relevant discipline
- Significant experience in Business Improvement
- Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing Processes and Systems
Next Steps - Apply today!
Advanced degree within field
- Professional certification
- Project management experience
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
A little about us:
At AstraZeneca, we believe the best way we can help patients is to focus on breakthrough science in order to uncover disease mechanisms and develop novel, targeted therapies that interact with them. This is at the heart of our purpose as a company: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines.