Tax Planning, Senior Manager
You will have the responsibility for the management and review of key US international tax analysis related to the global earnings and profits and tax pools, as well as research, planning and implementation of international tax projects reviewing and analyzing international tax implications of projects. Assisting with the management of international and domestic tax inspections will be a key element. Review of various US and Non US tax returns to ensure planning projects are properly reported. Your strong ability to effectively lead and direct all activities regarding all tax research, planning and compliance of the company as it relates to assigned tax planning initiatives will make you successful in this career opportunity.
• Responsible for management of tax seniors and staff involved in the analysis of key US international tax attributes in addition to the review of the computations, analysis and the identification of opportunities to maximize the benefit to the company.
• Responsible for management and direction over US tax accounting and tax reporting requirements relating to tax planning projects and key US international tax inclusions with other groups within the tax department.
• Responsible for supporting all US tax audits with respect to US international computations to ensure the filing positions of the company is sustained and presented properly and timely.
• Responsible for tax research, analysis, planning and implementation of tax reduction projects.
• Responsible for review of tax technical publications and other corporate publications for technical accuracy of planned tax reduction strategies, as well as development of new opportunities for tax savings.
• Review of calculations of tax implications of various tax planning projects
• Bachelor degree in accounting with Masters degree, in Accounting/Tax or Law degree preferred.
• Minimum 10 years of experience with large multinational corporate tax structures or equivalent relevant experience.
• Minimum 4 years of supervisory and/or tax management experience.
• CPA a plus.
• In-depth knowledge of US international tax law required; knowledge of foreign tax law a plus.
• Proven organizational and project management skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain constructive working relationships with general management and tax and non-tax professionals in a multi-cultural environment.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.