The Senior Manager, Technical Accounting will contribute toward the development of a world-class Technical Accounting and Policy function, including identifying best practices, formalizing process, standardizing documentation and partnering with Oracle's various functions to deliver timely and accurate information.
This individual will report directly to the Director, Technical Accounting and Reporting; and will be a key member of Oracle's Technical Accounting and Policy team. The Technical Accounting and Policy team is responsible for M&A accounting due diligence, monitoring and implementing emerging accounting standards including both US GAAP, evaluating complex transactions for proper accounting and contribute to the SEC Reporting and M&A accounting/integration functions, as required. The position partners with relevant parties involved with Oracle's historically active M&A program, including employees from target companies, and partners with other members of Oracle's Global Corporate Controllership function. Key Responsibilities:
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Conducting M&A due diligence for proposed transactions; partners with Corporate Development on communication of key accounting issues identified
- M&A purchase accounting and certain other implementation / integration activities
- Partner with 3rd party valuation firm on preparation of various fair value reports (e.g. for M&A and goodwill impairment)
- Lead consultations on various ad-hoc non-standard complex transactions (partnering with various stakeholders to gather and summarize facts) to ensure proper accounting
- Proactively identifying, researching, consulting and drafting technical memorandums on significant proposed and or completed transactions and issues
- Monitoring the effects and assessing/communicating the effects of assigned proposed ASUs and organizing the team to develop policy and implement new accounting pronouncements
- Partnering with financial controllers and global process owners to create, update or clarify global financial policies
- Clearing key accounting conclusions with external auditors
- Assisting the SEC Reporting Team on as needed basis
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or equivalent license
- 7 years of accounting experience (SEC Reporting experience with a large multinational corporation and/or Big 4 experience highly preferred)
- Expert level knowledge in US GAAP; conceptual and practical experience in researching, understanding and communicating technical accounting issues specific to the technology industry
- Self-motivated individual able to independently manage a variety of projects (M&A and Accounting Policy)
- Excellent written knowledge of English grammar and business vocabulary
- Ability to analyze financial data and clearly and concisely document the interpretation of financial analysis
- Self-motivated individual with a continuous improvement mindset to drive efficiency in Oracle's SEC reporting process
- collaborate with different individuals across the organization and at target companies, and "roll-up the sleeves" in order to accomplish all necessary tasks
- Ability to lead others through clear communication, coordination, project planning and project prioritization
- Ability to identify key issues and offer practical solutions
- Proficiency in using Microsoft tools (e.g. excel, word), Oracle experience a plus
Maintain general accounting systems, policies, and procedures to ensure that proper information is reported in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
As a member of the finance division, you will assist in accounting functions which may include general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, and inter-company transactions. Maintain the general ledger to include the preparation of journal entries, analysis, reconciliation and reporting. Maintain and implement general accounting systems. Conduct account reconciliation periodically, ledger close activities, and provide accurate financial data to support management in decision making. Develop and prepare financial reports including profit and loss, income and balance sheet statements. Review and analyze inter-company transactions. Ensure all journal entries comply with internal and external audit specifications. Participate in the ongoing development and maintenance of internal procedures and processes. May participate in special projects.
Acknowledged authority within the Corporation. Acts as a leader of large-scale company initiatives. Viewed by peers as a leader and top contributor and by line management as a key business partner. Strong analytical, prioritization and communication skills in partnering with other internal groups and management. Familiarity with Excel spreadsheets is essential. Familiarity with Oracle Financials is essential. 10 plus years accounting experience and BA/BS degree in Accounting or equivalent. Some positions need you to be bilingual in English and Spanish or Portuguese.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.