Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson’s family of companies, is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Technical Operations Packaging to be based in Fort Washington, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
The Senior Manager, Technical Operations Packaging will:
- Be responsible for planning and directing packaging engineering personnel, as well as complex technical projects.
- Provide departmental technical expertise and company leadership for package development, packaging equipment and validation while collaborating with research and development, marketing, market research, supply chain, process excellence and other affiliated departments and organizations to identify and address packaging needs.
- Manage a team of Packaging Engineers, assuring the development and maintenance of packaging systems to support New Product Development projects, Base Business activities, Franchise initiatives, technical transfers, Cost Improvements and quality and compliance projects.
- Develop and lead strategic packaging initiatives for all OTC Brands in support of the long-term goals of the McNeil franchise.
- Develop and direct short term programs and strategies related to packaging, including but not limited to package development, equipment, and validation. Create the vision and strategy for the team. Develop strategies related to meeting new and changing global regulatory requirements related to packaging.
- Lead and/or oversee the equipment strategy and acquisition process, including but not limited to: capital request, URS, equipment selection, procurement, installation, qualification, and validation.
- Lead and/or oversee packaging equipment and development support to both the internal and external manufacturing network.
- Lead the development and assessment of the following types of information to support package development and life cycle management initiatives, including but not limited to the following activities: design requirements, definition of the scope of change, packaging and equipment solution proposals, prior knowledge and knowledge gap assessments, risk assessments, test plans, and test results analysis and conclusions.
- Oversee and/or develop, write, gain cross-functional alignment, and route for approval package development documentation that captures the above end-to-end project specific information. (Examples of documentation: Package Component Specifications, Package Development Assessment and Plan documents, Packaging Line Trial Protocols and Reports, Package Development Reports, etc.)
- Develop plans for team members to include assignment of project priorities and responsibilities while being accountable for the team’s outcomes.
- Be accountable for commitments to projects; provide project oversight/planning and is accountable for results (time and budget commitments).
- Provide leadership in monitoring packaging communication systems. Support and empower project teams to provide compliant, high quality packaging solutions.
- Enhance the team's technical skills. Drive implementation of new technologies, as appropriate, across the franchise at internal and external manufacturing locations.
- Partner with R&D teams and departments, Quality, Marketing, Operations, and Regulatory in the development and manufacturing integration of products and process introduction, optimization and tech transfer.
- Ensure alignment with manufacturing locations to drive standardization, cost saving initiatives, issue resolution, and roll out of new packaging solutions.
- Support and/or drive packaging component supplier relationships for improved service, quality and compliance.
- Manage departmental and project budgets.
- Identify areas for improvement (organizationally, process, packaging technologies, etc.).
- Manage the performance and development of direct reports per company policies and procedures.
- Identify new technologies and/or drive innovative applications of existing technologies.
- Model cross functional teamwork and establish a network in area of expertise within Johnson & Johnson. Participate in cross sector packaging projects/committees.
- Facilitate and/or support the development and enhancement of packaging procedures.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Packaging Sciences or Engineering or a related field is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- 8+ years of Consumer, Pharma and/or OTC industry experience is required with at least 7 years of package development and/or packaging equipment experience required.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in people/line management is required.
- Previous experience with liquids and or parenterals packaging is a plus.
- GMP experience is required.
- Experience in a highly regulated environment is required.
- Advanced, technical knowledge related to package materials, packaging equipment, testing and package development is required.
- Previous experience overseeing complex projects in a matrixed environment is required.
- Ability to work in a cross functional environment relating to R&D, Marketing, Operations, Sales, etc…, is required.
- Previous experience focusing on managing technical processes and projects is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications is required, especially with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience in customer focus, program/project management, accountability, process orientation, and strategic thinking is required.
- Experience in process excellence and process thinking and application of tools is required.
- Six Sigma Process Excellence certification is preferred.
- Excellent negotiation skills, ability to effectively work with peers, strong leadership and analytical skills, and proven business acumen are required.
- Previous experience with responsibility for delivering on components of the strategic plan as assigned or directed by leadership is required.
- Previous experience establishing project success criteria and monitor activities is required.
- Experience managing budgets and resources, including skilled professionals or managers, and achieve activity goals is required.
- This position is based in Fort Washington, PA and may require up to 25% travel based on business needs.
United States-Pennsylvania-Fort WashingtonOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.