LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world's workforce in ways no other company can. We're much more than a digital resume - we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
LinkedIn is looking for a Sr. Manager, Technical Project Management. In this role, the Sr. Manager will lead the Business Applications (BizApps) portfolio of projects. This position will develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of each business unit's priorities, their corresponding portfolio strategy, as well as the supporting IT strategies. This role will work closely with BizApps leadership as well as foster relationships with stakeholders within key business units sponsoring initiatives. The portfolio will be managed in accordance with BizApps guidelines to minimize investment risks and guarantee the successful project implementations within scope, budget, and schedule.
The individual will report directly to the Head of Business Applications. Key responsibilities include leading, mentoring and support of program and project managers to ensure project delivery excellence, customer satisfaction and financial success. This senior level position represents an exciting opportunity to be a critical part of the dynamic BizApps team at LinkedIn. Responsibilities
- Responsible, directly and through subordinates, for project / program / portfolio reporting and communications, ensuring project team, stakeholders, and management are properly informed through specific channels providing consistent standards and visibility with reporting tools and dashboards.
- Develops and manages communication methods and cadence to ensure appropriate project governance
- Promotes best practices and evolves PM methodologies and processes used to deliver projects. Trains others on existing and new processes and tools across teams and department.
- Develops capacity planning for an organization, as needed, and co-relates it to the portfolio demand.
- Partners with finance to align budgets, spending, and repairs and maintenance with corporate-assigned targets; ensures that forecasting and reporting is appropriate and accurate.
- Develop relationships at all levels of the organization to increase collaboration and productivity, act as a trusted partner.
- Oversee the project management team in the delivery of multiple, strategic projects to our customers through the use of BizApps methodologies, tools and processes.
- Collaborates with business and IT teams and project teams to implement benefit tracking and reporting to ensure that IT investments are delivering on their expected/committed value proposition
- Facilitates the prioritization of work - balancing the demand for work against Business and BizApps priorities, strategic growth areas, available budget and resources.
- Influences decision making and problem solving across projects, programs and teams.
- Duties include but are not limited to: periodic updates and portfolio reporting on project financials and status; provide input to steering committee meetings, and facilitate project team meetings
- Proactively identifies dependencies between teams and ensures all plans align on delivery criteria
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of projects
- Monitor project risk and assist managers in developing mitigation strategies to meet the project's goals and objectives
- Manage the team's development, set performance objectives and goals as well as provide performance reviews
- Recruit new Project Managers and provide on-boarding and training
- Support, coach and mentor the project management team through the successful delivery of projects ensuring goals are met or exceeded
- Collaborate with peers in the delivery management team to drive initiatives in project delivery and employee engagement.
- BS/BA degree
- Team Management (5+ years) - experience of successfully leading a PM team, including all aspects of personnel management and development.
- IT Project Management (10+ years) - demonstrated experience with leading complex project implementations. Demonstrated ability to lead a team to achieve project objectives and deliver projects that ultimately go into production within cost/schedule constraints
- Must have previous implementation experience with at least one of the following Oracle R12 tracks OTC, RTR & PTP.
- Experience with financial business process knowledge.
- Experience planning, building, testing, and deploying Oracle applications.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities across worldwide based talent in multiple time zones.
- Ability to contribute consistently and positively in a high-paced, fast-changing and sometimes unpredictable work environment.
- Familiarity with Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and experience with OUM or AIM required.
- Working experience with software implementation project management methodologies throughout the software development project lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to manage through difficult situations (technical and interpersonal)
- Strong risk management and mitigation skills
- Experience of working in a global organization and able to influence at multiple organizational levels
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, planning, and organization skills
- PMP certification (or similar)
- Nice to have hands-on implementation experience with at least one of the following Oracle R12 tracks OTC, RTR, HTR & PTP.
- Knowledge and experience with other tools like OBIEE and Oracle EBS infrastructure is a big plus
A little about us:
LinkedIn's vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Our employee talent is our #1 operating priority.