Senior Manager, Technology Data Management
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
We may be a bank, but we think and operate like a tech company. A tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products. A tech company that experiments and innovates with the latest technologies, where engineers’ breakthrough customer experiences, and brings simplicity and humanity to banking.
If you’re an expert in Data Warehousing, Data Management Technologies and Data Governance projects, we want to talk to you! Capital One is taking an exciting journey applying Data Management capabilities and Data Governance methodologies to Technology data. We’re seeking a Senior Data Management Manager to lead a dynamic team in this effort. This critical role will extend and support the Capital One Information Date Management Policy (IDM) and Data Quality standards to technology data throughout the Technology organization. In this role you will partner with key partners across Technology including Network Operations, Technology Process Excellence, Delivery Transformation, Cloud Migration Excellence and others. You will work closely with our Data Management Advisor to develop the strategy and execution plan to delivery on our data management vision; ensuring that new applications and platforms are being developed in compliance with the policy. Key tasks will include working with Capital One technology and development teams to uphold compliance with approved data management methodologies. In addition, you will be responsible for ensuring proper governance integrity is maintained and aligned with strategic intent and target state. You will partner with peers throughout technology to design and execute on a robust strategy to identify originating and authoritative sources, assess compliance and develop timelines to achieve compliance.
- Assess business application solutions and platforms for data management compliance; recommend solutions and remediation steps.
- Influence system/application design to embed data management capabilities and IDM compliance
- Shape solution options, and gain buy in from Senior Management and business stakeholders
- Oversee data set registration, data quality metric development and monitoring for Data Intelligence applications and provide subject matter expertise for technology partners
- Establish partnerships and collaboration efforts with data producers and consumer across Technology
- Implement processes and guidelines for technology teams to remediate and achieve IDM compliance
- Recruit, manage and motivate a stellar internal team
- Bachelor's degree or Military experience
- At least 5 years of experience working with production data warehouse platforms and databases
- At least 5 years of experience leading development teams to design/deliver data warehouse capabilities
- At least 5 years of experience managing risk management or data governance processes
- Masters in MIS
- Data Warehousing Certification
- 1+ year experience working with production platforms and applications on AWS
- 1+ year experience working with Hadoop or other NoSQL databases
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.