Senior Manager, Technology Data Management
If you’re an expert in Data Warehousing, Data Management Technologies and Data Governance projects, we want to talk to you! Capital One is taking an exciting journey applying Data Management capabilities and Data Governance methodologies to Technology data. We’re seeking a Senior Data Management Manager to lead a dynamic team in this effort. This critical role will extend and support the Capital One Information Date Management Policy (IDM) and Data Quality standards to technology data throughout the Technology organization. In this role you will partner with key partners across Technology including Network Operations, Technology Process Excellence, Delivery Transformation, Cloud Migration Excellence and others. You will work closely with our Data Management Advisor to develop the strategy and execution plan to delivery on our data management vision; ensuring that new applications and platforms are being developed in compliance with the policy. Key tasks will include working with Capital One technology and development teams to uphold compliance with approved data management methodologies. In addition, you will be responsible for ensuring proper governance integrity is maintained and aligned with strategic intent and target state. You will partner with peers throughout technology to design and execute on a robust strategy to identify originating and authoritative sources, assess compliance and develop timelines to achieve compliance.
- Assess business application solutions and platforms for data management compliance; recommend solutions and remediation steps.
- Influence system/application design to embed data management capabilities and IDM compliance
- Shape solution options, and gain buy in from Senior Management and business stakeholders
- Oversee data set registration, data quality metric development and monitoring for Data Intelligence applications and provide subject matter expertise for technology partners
- Establish partnerships and collaboration efforts with data producers and consumer across Technology
- Implement processes and guidelines for technology teams to remediate and achieve IDM compliance
- Recruit, manage and motivate a stellar internal team
- Bachelor's degree or Military experience
- At least 5 years of experience working with production data warehouse platforms and databases
- At least 5 years of experience leading development teams to design/deliver data warehouse capabilities
- At least 5 years of experience managing risk management or data governance processes
- Masters in MIS
- Data Warehousing Certification
- 1+ year experience working with production platforms and applications on AWS
- 1+ year experience working with Hadoop or other NoSQL databases
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.