What you’ll be doing...
- Lead multiple teams and front line technical managers to deliver business/strategy initiatives.
- At strategic level, work directly with Product, Marketing and System Engineering team to shape the product direction, define key product features and requirements for assigned product ideas.
- Lead the product development by directing and managing the multiple engineering teams. Create a process and eco-system for the teams to collaborate across geographies with high degree of efficiency.
- Define the scope of the project and identify the stakeholders.
- Provide Budgetary Estimates on Capital, Resource and Time requirements.
- Identity, Hire, Build from ground up, Manage, and Develop an engineering team that meets the requirements of the business and performs well within the system architecture.
- Create, manage and track project vehicles, including but not limited to
- Project Plan and Schedules
- Project Scope – from Rough Order of Magnitude to Definitive Estimates.
- Resource Plans
- Cost Estimates
- Status Reports
- Determine and define the objectives and metrics upon which project quality, progress, and completion will be evaluated.
- Make decisions and communicate risks; drive key decisions across the software lifecycle to develop a Risk Mitigation Plan.
- Identify, Evaluate and work with the third-party vendors/partners to deliver end-to-end products.
- Mentor engineers and leads/managers by providing thought leadership on complex technical problems of products.
- Architect and Deploy Highly Available and Scalable platform middleware for hosting the Verizon Next-Gen products on Blade Centers and Cloud infrastructure.
- Review architecture and design documents at all levels of development process.
- Continually engage and identify system/architectural deficiencies and propose effective solutions to address these needs.
- Evaluate and integrate third-party solutions and open-source technologies to create an eco-system that facilitates rapid development.
- Develop the team of highly talented individuals that can collaborate with cross-functional teams to achieve desired goals.
- Use the Performance Management process for career management and development of direct reports.
What we’re looking for...
- 12+ Years of industry experience in developing career grade products.
- 8+ Years of experience in Project Management.
- BE or equivalent 4 years engineering degree in Computer Science.
- Solid Experience to Architect, Build and Deploy Scalable and Highly Available solutions for Tier 1/Career Class Network Operators.
- Proven record of hiring and developing teams of talented and motivated individuals from ground up.
- An expert on
- Cloud Technologies
- Service Availability Framework
- Hardware Platform Interface
- Blade Centers/Cloud Architecture
- High Availability and Geo-Redundancy
- Scalable Solutions
- Platform Middleware
- Experience in evaluating and managing third-party vendors
- Proven record of innovation and thought leadership.
- Excellent analytical and debugging skills.
- Strong understanding on C/C++/JAVA/Linux and TCP/IP
- Solid experience in various protocols such as SIP/Diameter
- Experience in Billing and Credit Control applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.