Senior Manager, Transformation & Process Improvement (Job Number: 024419)
Deerfield Corp North - 300 WILMOT RD
300 WILMOT RD
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Responsible for analysis support and process improvement under the CFO divisions including planning, budgeting, reporting, and General Ledger by identifying, evaluating, and implementing systems and/or procedures that are cost-effective and meet business requirements. Leads several related and simultaneous projects in support of the major finance strategic objectives (make versus buy options; financial transformation of processes; improvements within close process and decision support functions). Responsible for identifying project team needs, recruiting, and managing a blend of employees and consultants to support and deliver the projects and programs managed. Develop and maintain detailed project plans related to the program. Responsible for the management, financial oversight, financial analysis of all aspects of the project from development to implementation. Job Responsibilities
- Leads the development of projects and resultant project plans related to the finance transformation initiative through project teams comprised of cross-functional team members.
- On a CFO divisional basis, presents project plans, analysis, alternative recommendations, and cost benefit analyses to appropriate stakeholders, executives, senior management and the steering committees while leading the evaluation, definition and development of project parameters goals and timeframes.
- Initiates and ensures the implementation of complex divisional projects within the major strategic program with the involvement of the key selected contributors.
- Architects the standardization of financial processes and procedures across all business units and will participate actively with outside Public Accountants as the changes to the support transactional processes occur.
- Provides the oversight and direction for process changes / improvements to support the central Shared Services organization and other divisions under the CFO. Where necessary, develops performance metrics and escalation procedures to ensure that the business requirements are met.
- Interacts with management in the development and understanding of strategies, determines and leads the initiative to develop the service levels and performance metrics to support the strategic direction.
- Leads team responsible for analysis, support and process improvement for divisions under the CFO by identifying, evaluating, and implementing systems and procedures that are cost-effective and meet business requirements. Provides support for key activities including analysis, requirements definition, implementation and change management impacts.
- Directs the development, implementation and evaluation of accounting systems and internal controls, and coordinates and manages the completion of various projects concerning these systems within areas of responsibility.
- Oversees the establishment of project teams, assignment of responsibilities, management of system changes required for departmental support of new processes, facilitation of regular meetings in order to meet project goals and timelines while informing all appropriate personnel of department's plans, programs and operations that affect their areas, and encourages feedback from all employees to increase productivity
- Identifies recruits, selects and manages project team members and provides oversight and direction to team.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 7 years of experience with mergers and acquisitions, financial analysis, platforms and reporting, financial statement evaluation and/or interpretation of financial processes or High School Diploma/GED and at least 10 years of experience with mergers and acquisitions, financial analysis, platforms and reporting, financial statement evaluation and/or interpretation of financial processes.
- Knowledge of financial accounting, federal, state and local regulations.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 3 years of experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master's Degree in Accountancy or MBA
- CPA designation.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Access (for example: designing and creating simple queries, modifying data types, adding dates, working with required fields and/or creating labels).
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Experience in coaching, mentoring, and training staff.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.