Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager, Transformation Team, Strategic Sourcing. The position will be based in Skillman, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $74.3 billion in 2014 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BE VITAL in your Career; be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
The Transformation Manager is responsible for the development, optimization and sustainability of critical processes and organizational capabilities to enable the delivery of key business results of the North America Consumer Supply Chain Sourcing. He/she will set the strategy & priorities for the team in alignment with the leadership team for high impact to the overall organization. The scope includes all direct materials (Chemicals & Packaging) and External Manufacturing for spend and cost management of approximately $850MM. CIPs are approx. 55-60+% of total NA Consumer CIP dollars.
On a global level, this position will also include a role on Global Consumer Source PMO forum.
Success is only possible by:
• Having strong skills to drive transformational process development & sustainability to achieve results.
• Strong team leadership skills to lead across the organization.
• Being an excellent collaborator & influencer with the Supply Chain organization (External Operations, Planning, Manufacturing, PMO), and R&D, Marketing Leadership, Quality, Technical Services, Legal, Regulatory teams as well as ad hoc project teams people.
• Inspiring people and being an organizational leader with the ability to win others to engage during a time of significant change and very challenging objectives.
People and Organizational Leadership
• Lead strategy & provide resource prioritization for the transformation team to achieve the results for business imperatives.
• Develop Transformation talent and support team members to contribute across J&J Procurement & the larger organization.
• Be a leader and key influencer in North America SC Procurement & global team
• Lead/facilitate key Leadership Team forums for productive meetings (on going and adhoc as needed)
• Provide leadership and/or support for talent development for North America SC Procurement
• Manage 1-4 direct reports, supporting them via the 5 conversations and regular coaching / development
• Drive goals against business imperatives by leading and participating on cross-functional teams
• Provide Source leadership & prioritization in cost management to improve and sustain critical ongoing cost management process within Source for PPV (purchase price variance) for total source to provide transparency to current status & drive key action to support NA SC P&L.
• Improve and sustain critical ongoing cost management process within Source for PPV (purchase price variance) for total source to provide transparency to current status & drive key action to support NA SC P&L.
• Provide direction & support for the development/integration of tools to enable team to perform analytics to take data to insight to action to effectively manage costs within commodity or manufacturing site.
• Lead Cost Improvement (CIPs) to support delivery of high impact business deliverable. NA Source typically delivers 55-60+% of all NA SC CIPs dollars
• Influence & ensure all critical NA and global reporting expectations in Instantis & Reports are supported
Business Plan and major Financial Cycles
• Provide Source team leadership to meet all requirements for the major financial cycles
• Partner with finance/cross functional partners and provide source team leadership to ensure all Business Plan requirements are met including standard setting for all direct materials and EM finished goods, BP volumes/spend, CIPs, Net cost change etc.
• Identify, & prioritize key improvement areas with Finance and Cross Functional partners for more effective and efficient processes
Project Governance and Approval
• Lead Source efforts to effectively navigate & gain approval for projects in the NA supply chain PMO forum in support of CIPs and business continuity/supply.
• Represent Source team in the NA supply chain PMO governance process for all supply chain project screenings/ approvals. Influence for improvements to process.
• Lead Source Top projects governance process for NA Consumer Source on type 2 projects (requires change needing cross functional support) in support of effective execution, or escalation/action as needed to deliver business results as committed.
Compliance and Contract ManagementQualifications
• Accountable for the Contract Management Process for organization to ensure the appropriate current templates are utilized in support of current & appropriate supply terms and agreements to meet the needs and mitigate risks posed to J&J.
The Senior Manager, Transformation Strategic Sourcing will partner closely with the NA SC Procurement leadership team, Finance, Global Source Centers of Excellence, Enterprise Procurement Operations, Supply Chain, and other cross functional areas..
The Senior Manager, Transformation Strategic Sourcing will be interfacing with levels of management and peers in other functional groups within J&J (cross-sector, cross-region, in company).
The Senior Manager, Transformation Strategic Sourcing will be managing 1- 4 direct reports and will be responsible for compliance to the annual performance management cycle (5 conversations).
• Bachelor’s Degree (Procurement/Supply Chain/Economics/Business/Science/Engineering or related fields).
• Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
• Must have prior experience managing direct reports.
• Must have experience working in a cross-functional environment.
• Must have strong analytical skills & financial/business acumen aptitude.
• Must have demonstrated leadership, Influencing & collaboration skills
• Advanced degree.
• Experience in Transformation.
• Strong working knowledge and proven results in Strategic Sourcing/Procurement.
• Experience with program management.
• Experience working/leading global team.
• Six Sigma/Process excellence certification & demonstrated application.Primary Location
United States-New Jersey-SkillmanOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function