Senior Manager, Treasury Management Senior Platform Manager-Vault, Branch & ATM Services
Senior Manager, Treasury Management Senior Platform Manager – Vault, Branch & ATM Services
Now, more than ever, financial services firms are challenged to make the right decisions about where to invest to deliver new, innovative, disruptive capabilities. At Capital One, we believe our future success is predicated on building a product management organization that will ensure a sustainable pipeline of new products and services.
In the Treasury Management business, the Platform Manager analyzes market and competitive conditions and lays out a product vision that is differentiated, and delivers unique value based on customer demands. The role spans many activities from strategic to tactical and at its best provides cross-functional leadership—bridging gaps within the Commercial Bank between Operations, Technology, Risk, Compliance, Sales, Marketing and Design.
The Vault, Branch & ATM Services Platform Manager is an important role in the Treasury Management business at Capital One. The Vault, Branch & ATM Services Platform Manager is responsible for the strategy, roadmap, and feature definition for those products. The position is also accountable for marketing, revenue forecasting, and P&L responsibilities specific to its product(s).
Accountabilities will include:
• Strategy; Responsible for setting a product vision and strategy for Vault, Branch & ATM Services. Their job is to clearly articulate the business value to the product team so they understand the intent behind the new product or product release. The incumbent owns the strategy behind the product along with its roadmap and must work with their functional partners to build what clients need.
• Releases; Plan for what their teams will deliver and when they will deliver it. This holds true no matter which develop methodologies product teams use (agile, waterfall, etc.). The Platform Manager owns the release aspect of their product(s). Responsibilities include knowing when (and when not) to create a master release; managing features and dependencies in and across releases; and managing releases with phases and milestones.
• Ideation; Every organization wants better ideas -- but it is tough to manage and prioritize them. Platform managers own ideation -- the creative process of generating, developing, and curating new ideas. They collect, curate, and promote the most relevant ideas into features. They know which ideas should be promoted to features -- the ones that will achieve key objectives for the product line and business. They also ensure that key feedback and requests are seamlessly integrated into their product planning and development processes.
• Features; Define the features and requirements necessary to deliver a complete product to market and lead the product team to success. Responsibilities include articulating the ‘what’ and working with engineering to determine the ‘when.’
• Go-to-Market; Responsible for making product decisions and often is the lead resource for the rest of the organization when deep product expertise is required. This includes supporting the organizations that help bring the product to market and work directly with Capital One clients.
Responsibilities and Competencies:
• Responsible for identifying and achieving financial goals for Vault, Branch and ATM Services and understanding market pricing dynamics.
• Measure product results and understand product dynamics.
• Identify and target potential customers and/or markets for new and existing products.
• Influence sales force regarding strategies, markets and customers.
• Develop, implement and execute marketing plans and strategies.
• Recommend new products or enhancements as changes are warranted or justified.
• Develop long-term business plans for assigned product lines.
• Evaluate business plans based on strategic goals.
• Develop long-term goals for related product lines.
• Communicate strategic plans.
• Individual must be a leader, motivator, and effective decision maker enhanced by creativity and cognitive risk taking
• Strong influencing skills and ability to navigate at all levels of the organization
• Able to establish and maintain a high level of credibility with functional partners and Senior Management across the organization
• A Bachelor’s degree or Military Experience
• At least 5 years of product management experience or at least 3 years of experience in bank operations
• At least 5 years of Treasury Management or At least 5 years of Payments related experience
• A Master’s in Business Administration
• Certified Treasury Professional designation
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.