What you’ll be doing...
The Finance Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Treasury Cash Management and Financing execution team. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do.
- Manage the relations with third-party Asset Recovery vendors to increase recoveries. Ensure Verizon is utilizing the best vendors for maximizing recoveries.
- Manage all audit data requests from both internal and external auditors. Strengthen controls where necessary to minimize audit risk/findings.
- Document and maintain methods and procedures for the escheat and Returns-to- Cash functions.
- Ensure adequate business continuity procedures are in place.
- Provide cross-training to ensure proper coverage at all times.
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of unclaimed property filings for all assigned entities.
- Ensure that all unclaimed property held by Verizon is properly and accurately maintained in Verizon's unclaimed property database, adding all unclaimed property into the database, ensuring the property is updated when necessary, and maintaining the property through its life-cycle, culminating in escheatment or deletion.
- Minimize amounts of unclaimed property by processing exemptions and by reviewing and researching large properties. Manage the exemption relationshipto maximize allowable exemptions taken.
- Manage the due diligence process, including sending address files to vendor, updating the addresses in the unclaimed property systems, and send the letter files/PDFs to the vendor for mailing
- Ensure the timely and accurate coding, journal entries, and reconciliation of all assigned Returns to Cash deposits; Ensure all customer inquiries associated with Returns to Cash are processed accurately and in a timely fashion; Minimize customer complaints by responding within 24 hours.
- Ensure the timely reconciliation of all unclaimed property general ledger accounts. Ensure all reconciling differences are properly identified and corrective actions are taken for resolution.
- Support the daily and monthly close process.
- Communicate with stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Complete performance agreements and reviews for staff.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent work experience.
- Understanding of Unclaimed Property and/or Asset Recovery.
- Four or more years of relevant experience including supervisory experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with proven focus on Excel.
Even better if you have:
- A Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- Experience in the technology and/or telecommunications industry.
- A professional certification (e.g. CTP, CFA, CPA).
- Profiency in Unclaimed Property compliance systems e.g., UPCS and Tracker
- Knowledge of key organizations that interact with Escheat filings e.g., Bill to Cash, Accounts Payable, and Payroll.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to focus on the details.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert for Unclaimed Property related issues.
- Accountable for making decisions and recommendations to ensure the quality and delivery of all the products and services.
- Design, develop and implement methods and strategies to continually improve processes.
- Present and communicate to all levels of the business.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.