Job DescriptionCVS Health is embarking on a bold digital agenda to transform health care and empower millions of customers on their path to better health. We are creating innovative digital solutions that will make health care more accessible, more integrated and more reliable for more people, online and in our stores. We are looking for passionate, driven people who want to join a high energy and growing team to make a difference in customers’ lives and who want to be on the ground floor of digital innovation that aims to reinvent what a pharmacy and a health care company can be.
As a Senior Manager, UX Research at CVS Health you will be part of a growing team of digital innovators and user experience professionals that want to make an impact and help people manage their health by designing experiences that meet user goals and exceed expectations. Your empathy for people—customers, patients, caregivers—informs your decisions; your entrepreneurial spirit makes you the ultimate problem solver; your creativity leads you beyond tired constraints and inspires others; and your passion for technology and design connects you to the universe of innovation around us and can only be matched by your desire to deliver great user experiences.
In this role, you will work closely with colleagues across the Digital organization to research and design best-in-class experiences across multiple channels and platforms, including web, mobile web, and mobile app. The ideal candidate will have significant work history orchestrating and conducting a wide range of usability and user research methodologies across Omni-channel experiences.
- Oversee design and administration of usability studies on a wide range of web-sites and mobile apps with consideration for at home/office, on-the-go and in-store experiences and how they interrelate.
- Attend intake meetings with a variety of stakeholders and help guide discussions surrounding appropriate UX research methods to achieve business and design goals.
- Review and enforce quality of reports detailing the outcome of usability studies.
- Present findings with actionable recommendations to senior management and executives.
- Oversee all phases of usability test preparation including test script development Identify and implement a variety of methods for getting input and feedback from customers, including lab usability studies, usertesting.com studies, online (remote-moderated) usability studies, and others as appropriate.
- Partner with other internal research functions (e.g. Marketing Research) to identify appropriate mix of research methods to determine future directions for our websites and mobile apps.
- Partner with other UX managers and UX director on executing research within accelerated project timelines and agile development cycles.
- Hire and retain contract and full time UX designers.
- Mentor junior research staff.
- Provide usability session moderation training and feedback for UX designers assigned to agile product teams.
- Establish annual goals and provide ongoing performance feedback to full time staff.
- Collaborate with other UX managers to ensure alignment across portfolios.
- Proactively work with reports to ensure high quality research and stakeholder satisfaction.
- Collaborate with other UX managers and UX director on UX strategy.
- Partner with UX research coordinator to ensure research is delivered on time and on budget.
- Partner with UX research coordinator to solicit vendor services and quotes when appropriate and provide internal cost estimates on research requests.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Usability, Human Factors, HCI, Psychology or additionally relevant field, though a Master’s degree is preferred 10+ years experience in in UX, Usability, and/or User Research fields – this includes considerable lab experience.
- 5+ years of experience in team building and leadership involving direct, indirect, and non reports with proven ability to work in a matrix team environment and demonstrate thought leadership and ability to influence where no direct line of control exists.
- 5+ years of experience partnering with multiple groups (IT, Product Management, Business Analysts) to define and execute on a road map.
- A minimum of 5 year of experience utilizing MS PowerPoint to present to leadership.
- A minimum of 3 years+ of In-person usability studies experience.
- At least 1 year+ of Usertesting.com or similar remote, UN-moderated testing platform experience.
- Healthcare experience or Retail experience.
- Planning larger-scale formative studies combining both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
- Axure and or InVision prototyping experience/knowledge.
- High degree of professionalism combined with adaptability.
- Comfortable working within a corporate environment, with established practices and processes, and industry regulations.
- Bachelor Degree Required.
- Masters Degree Preferred.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/