Provides leadership to managers and professional staff. Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple sites or related teams. Develops business unit, department or sub-function plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities. Decisions are guided by resource availability and segment/functional objectives. Key Responsibilities
- Negotiate with customers to design solutions to address complex cross functional needs. Identifies and recommend industry BKM's for integrated solution design and standards; Keeps abreast of technologies in the market and oversees new technology evaluations; Works with multiple vendors for high quality resources and competitiveness
- Manage multi-function software application configuration and/or coding. Develops testing and data conversion strategy and approach and oversees testing preparation and execution and data conversions. Manage work of contract developers. Perform Quality assurance.
- Manages the lifecycle of IT services/applications recommending patching, point releases and major upgrades and new system purchases.
- Manages execution of multi-function support services to GIS customers for specific IT service or set of services. Adheres to service management processes and procedures to meet customer service level agreements and maintain customer satisfaction. Oversees IT outsourced service ensuring service levels are achieved at effective cost.
- Plan and manage projects to ensure effective and efficient execution in line with established processes and guidelines and guardrails of scope, timeline, budget and quality
- implements strategic organizational goals and objectives and cascades goals and objectives to department. Attract, develop and retain personnel and continuously improve workgroup capabilities.
- Work with business leaders to develop IT enablement strategy, plan the BU portfolio and establish appropriate metrics to measure portfolio value. Actively manage BU portfolio
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of concepts and principles within own job family and knowledge of other related job families
- Applies in-depth understanding of how own discipline integrates within the segment/function
- Manages multiple related teams, sets organizational priorities and allocates resources
- Identifies and resolves complex technical, operational and organizational problems
- Impacts the business results of a team or area by supporting and funding of projects, products, services and/or technologies and developing policies and plans
- Guided by business unit, department or sub-functional business plans
- Influences others internally and externally, including senior management
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.Qualifications: Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 years of experience in vendor management
- Strong negotiation and vendor relationship skills
- Strong communication skills
- Comprehensive understanding of Software licensing of Applied strategic vendors
- Managing hardware and software contracts team
- Managing Shopping Cart team
- Managing Software Asset Management Program
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.