Senior Manager, Visual Design
We're the Customer Experience Design Team at Capital One Small Business — every day, our design team creates experiences that are making a difference in the lives of small business owners. We believe banks have taken the small business owner for granted and provide them little value, and we're changing that – we want your help achieving this mission.
We have an opportunity for a stellar Senior Manager - Visual Design to join our growing cross-discipline team.
… Design with the entire customer journey in mind
… Love to lead design programs and inspire your teams to deliver the best work of their lives
… Thrive in collaborating across disciplines to define, design, iterate, iterate, iterate, then build and finally ship high quality products and services
… Sweat the details in all that you do
… Derive insights from customer research to target your design solutions
… Have a penchant for curiosity that gets you into trouble
… Adapt at reading the “tea leaves” of organizations while not being distracted by them
… Crave working for experienced leaders who say "yes" to ideas and approaches
… Genuinely want to help people
Then we just might be the perfect match.
Still new to the Capital One family, we’re like a startup within an already-successful company, and because of it we’re able to do more. Capital One is NOT a tired, slow bank; if you can dream it, design it and work with other teams to build it, you can make it happen here.
We’re looking for a world-class Senior Manager - Visual Design to join our team. This role will define and contribute the art direction of the world’s most intuitive and loved set of integrated financial products and services for Small Businesses. This initiative is high profile for Capital One and with your contribution it can successfully grow to serve our customers nationwide.
The challenge for you — bring a smart, disciplined approach to creativity through a user centered and visual design process – to deliver an ecosystem of world-class products and services to our customers. Capital One Small Business understands the power of Design — you’ll continue that lead by showing the way forward through leadership, customer empathy, iterative design and experimentation.
There's a lot of opportunity for the right candidate...
- Be a part of one of the largest investments in Design by a financial institution
- Create and inspire a collaborative Design Driven culture
- Execute quickly and iteratively through visual design principles
- Deliver career defining responsibility and impact upon customer’s lives in an industry normally thought of as “non-customer centric”
Our Visual Designers are critical to our success…
- Use visual design to create and deliver emotionally charged and innovative end-to-end experiences across multiple platforms which balance customer needs, business goals and technological realities across the ecosystem
- From pencils to pixels, create sketches, storyboards, visual comps, assets and other design artifacts to effectively communicate visual design concepts and deliver final assets
- Participate in an iterative design–review–refine user-centered design process to establish, extend and refine designs to accurately target design solutions to customer needs and map to existing visual design and brand patterns
- Collaborate with research, design, content strategy, product, development, brand/marketing and other team members to execute on all stages of the product design lifecycle
- Establish and promote visual design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Collaborate with design and other team members to deliver the best possible products and services to our small business customers, while navigating what it takes to build and ship products to market
- Use presentation and facilitation skills to sell your best design ideas to the design team and other stakeholders
Here's what you bring…
- Clear record of shipping high quality products and services to customers
- The ability to define or evolve a visual design system as applied to a product or service ecosystem
- Detailed knowledge of visual design systems for web, mobile and other platforms
- Up to date with the latest visual design trends, patterns, techniques and resources
- Experience using discovery research, synthesis and ideation to inform new product concepts and product iteration
- The desire to understand design programs that includes consideration of the overarching customer experience, organizational frameworks, product ecosystems, roadmaps and release cycles
- A generative work style – you are able to iterate rapidly in multiple mediums and levels of interactivity (physical, digital, low to hi-fidelity, tangible and conceptual)
- The ability to use storytelling to share your work, influence stakeholders and create energy around an idea or an initiative
- An ability to deal with complexity and ambiguity – you know how to keep moving in the right direction
- Pixel-perfect attention to detail in execution and the ability to see beyond what is simply being asked, and look for opportunities to innovate, challenge and push boundaries
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 10 years of experience with visual design
- At least 5 years of experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Master’s degree
- 5 years of experience designing for omni-channel services
- 3 years of experience with prototyping tools such as InVision
- 1 year of experience with Sketch
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.