Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager, Workday Development Center within its Application Services group. The position will be located in New Brunswick, NJ and may require up to 15% domestic and international travel.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Manager, Workday Development Center will manage a team of high performing individuals and will have an overall responsibility of implementing the Workday Captive development center and for supporting the business needs for J&J’s Workday implementation. This role will be responsible for defining global ITAS services strategies for Performance and Development, as well as the consistency of delivery of the global Human Resource functions that utilize the Workday Application. The Senior Manager will manage, develop and retain a core team of Workday professionals who are aligned to business units & functions to support developing and executing a pipeline of initiatives. This role will report directly to the Director, GSO HR Development.
• Accountable for the overall design and delivery of Workday Applications, establishing and ensuring that service delivery meets or exceeds performance goals / SLAs.
• Accountable for addressing critical issues and challenges pertaining to the service are addressed globally, and expediting / resolving issues that may require partnership with organizational leadership.
• Build and manage a global team of regional service owners and their people, who design, operate, and continually improve the Workday Applications.
• Understand service demand trends globally and make regional resourcing decisions. This includes the selection of vendors that are employed to deliver the service in the region.
• Take overall accountability for providing / improving service-based tools / content to assist the professional service support center during estimate and quoting activities.
• Responsible for creating a culture of continual service improvement, driving quality, cost, and efficiency improvements to estimating, quoting, and service fulfillment activities.
• Collaborate across Application Services to improve integration among services, and lead strategic discussions among leadership of the development centers, professional services support center, and other service-based teams, to ensure a positive overall service delivery experience for customers.
• Accountable for the global strategy for Workday Applications.
• Accountable for defining global and regional policies, processes, and procedures in adherence with standards including Agile, SLDC, and Portfolio Management.
• Collaborate with the business, internal AS partners, Enterprise IT Leadership, and HR Leadership to identify needs and build business cases to deploy new/enhanced services.
• A Bachelor's degree is required.
• Minimum of 10 years of IT work experience in HR and Payroll systems is required, preferably in highly matrix large enterprise organizations.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with Workday Platform is preferred.
• Minimum of 4 years of people management experience is required.
• Experience developing and delivering IT services in large complex enterprises is required.
• Enterprise-wide understanding of business processes, systems & data -- ideally in Fortune 500 multi-national companies, with HR and Payroll systems is required.
• General understanding of HRIS and Payroll solution is required
• Agile, Six Sigma or ITIL certification is highly preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Must be able to solve complex business problems and present recommendations to senior management effectively
• Must have good planning, organizational, and decision-making skills.
• Must be able to define, shape, and drive projects to completion while effectively collaborating strategically with others with little supervision.