Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
Senior Manager-Tech Lead
As an Enterprise Customer team, we are on a journey to build a centralized customer platform which will service all our channels and also provide operational and analytical capabilities. We envision, create, deploy, and maintain mission critical customer applications by streamlining data across systems, apply state of the art machine learning, micro-service architecture, and beautiful visualizations in the cloud. We are highly technical with strong backgrounds in what we do.
As a senior member of the team, you will drive the design, implementation, testing, deployment, and post-release support in an agile development environment. You will execute on engineering and release priorities successfully through strong leadership and communication.
What you’ll do:
- Create and design vibrant applications to service our customer. You’ll feel the impact of your work across our organization.
- Establish a product roadmap for customer capabilities focusing on scalability, flexibility and agility. You’ll need to make complex decisions about what we build and why.
- Maintain and support the infrastructure for the platform, working closely with industry leaders.
- Train the development team on design patterns and performance tuning strategies. Be passionate about making nitty gritty, hands-on improvements.
- Lead and mentor a team of engineers to further their technical prowess. You succeed when your team does!
- Technical chops: You have designed and implemented fast and efficient heterogeneous data solutions featuring horizontally scalable technologies using open source technologies.
- Vision: You can direct your team's focus to what matters most.
- Mentorship: Help your team shine while building responsibilities and growing in their roles.
- Curiosity: You have a passion for huge, scalable systems, databases, and the right technology for the job.
- You are a cloud ninja
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 10 years of experience in software engineering with experience in building and delivering data applications or products.
- At least 3 years of experience in an object oriented or functional languages
- At least 3 years experience with agile software development practices Unit testing, Test driven development or CICD
- At least 1 year experience building applications in cloud environment to process petabytes of data
- MS or PHD in computer science, engineering or mathematics
- 2 years experience in building real time applications using Columnar data base
- 2 years experience with Rules Engine JBoss Rules or Drools
- 4 years of experience working with Spring Framework, Hazelcast or Message Queues.
- 2 years of experience working with automated build and continuous integration systems Ansible, Chef, Puppet or Jenkins
- 2 years Domain experience with Customer Applications
- Github or Stack Overflow contributions
Capital One will consider sponsoring you for employment authorization for this position.