Senior Manager-Tech Lead
Capital One is actively seeking experienced Lead Software Engineers with expertise in leading teams on complex and high priority technology projects for new innovations, process improvements, or operations. The primary responsibility of the Lead Engineer is to lead the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems. In addition, he/she will provide functional, technical, and/or process leadership. Successful candidates will have experience as a senior software engineer, as well as managing software designers and developers through project design, development and delivery.
- Own the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems.
- Own the maintenance, operations, and support of API Gateway infrastructure
- Drive tactical delivery for multiple teams.
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of system and determine priority of needs.
- Manage standard system processes and enhancements to system. Ensure that solution design adheres to good software design practices. Accountable for overall solution design quality
- Ensure adherence to defined Software Development Life cycle and Architecture strategy and intent.
- Provide functional, technical, and/or process leadership. .
- Work with business systems analysts, project managers, and customers to understand the scope of work, priorities, and requirements for development.
- Work with performing teams to deliver new capabilities in business applications and/or remediate issues.
- Manage associate/contractor development resources.
- Enforce company policies in areas of development methodology, architecture, security, change and configuration management, compliance, and HR.
- Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs.
- Contribute to defining time tables and project plans
- Analyze and estimate feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs.
- Ensure that expected application performance levels are achieved.
- Coordinate coding, testing, implementation and documentation of solution.
- Responsible for key system design and integration decisions; and for communicating decisions to individuals implementing the system
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years’ experience with AWS Cloud
- At least 2 years’ experience managing middleware systems
- At least 2 years’ experience with RESTful APIs
- At least 4 years’ experience Jenkins, Chef or uDeploy
- At least 8 years’ experience in software development
- At least 5 years’ experience as lead or manager within software development projects
- At least 4 years’ experience as people manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems
- 5 years’ experience with TCP/IP or HTTPS
- 5 years’ experience with monitoring, troubleshooting, and operating high volume middleware or gateway infrastructure
- 5 years’ experience leading and managing development and support teams
- 5 years’ experience Ant, SVN or GitHub
- 5 years’ experience in UNIX Scripting
- 2 years’ experience in Apache Web Server
- 2 years’ experience with AngularJS
- 2 years’ experience with logging and monitoring tools
Capital One will consider sponsoring you for employment authorization for this position.