The Senior Managing Security Consultant in the IBM Global Security Services Infrastructure and Endpoint Security (IES) competency will be a senior advisor that can speak to the security landscape and have the ability to communicate effectively with senior members of client management and/or executive teams. The consultant should have a depth of knowledge and experience in one of the core security domains: End-to-End Security Solutions, Networking, Software Defined Security, Infrastructure Security, Security Operations, Application, Data or Infrastructure, Mobile Security. However, should be able to speak to the breadth of the security landscape as well. For example, consultants will provide subject matter expertise in the form of customer workshops, and consulting engagements to assess a client's security capabilities, identify gaps and recommend cost effective best practices to reduce client risk and increase their handle on security risk.
Core Consulting Skills:
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
- The ability to lead large groups and be a primary facilitator
- Effective written skills
- Ability to research and develop new security offerings
- Comfortable working in a project based / client serving model
- Ability to lead and shape client expectations
- Help drive pursuits and engage in complex deals, matching outcomes to expectations
- Ability to work easily with diverse and dynamic teams
- Ability to work in a matrix management model
Security Domain Skills:
- Depth of knowledge in one or more of the core security IES domains: Network Security Architecture, Intrusion detection architecture, Security Architecture, Mobile and Endpoint security
- An understanding of contemporary and legacy security IES technologies used within a particular domain (e.g. Firewalls and IDS).
- Basic understanding of compliance issues (ISO 27001, NIST, DFARS, PCI, and CIS).
- Security Maturity and program risk assessments
The successful Sr. Managing Consultant will act as a mentor to other IBM Security consultants and client teams. The Sr. Managing Consultant will assist in pre-sales, sales, closure, and then participate in the delivery of security consulting services with local teams. The Sr. Managing Consultant will provide governance and technical oversight on transformation programs and projects in a billable capacity.