Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company. What do you get to do in this position?
Qualifications: This job might be for you if:
- Participates in the hardware and software development of electronic components and printed circuit board assemblies for prototype and production use in a broad range of complex electrical equipment. Manage component development from early prototypes through production 1st article.
- Works as a project team member in the selection, design, and test of electronic components with emphasis on meeting specifications, timing and cost goals, while ensuring ease of manufacture and high reliability. Continually reports status to teams via a tracking report to be transparent regarding component status
- Review component drawings and manage Engineering request notices (ERN’s). Collaborate with development engineering and electronics vendors from initial prototypes through production first article.
- Manage all electronic component procurement to insure on time delivery of prototype and production units for sustaining engineering (MOL) and NPI. Place orders for PWB’s, Part kits, and PWA’s as requested.
- Conduct weekly quality and MOL/NPI meetings with vendors to track status and identify issues. Manage change and NPI while minimizing exposure to WIP scrap and insuring seamless transition
- Coordinates the implementation of In-Circuit Test capability with suppliers.
- In partnership with the Engineering Manager, develops goals that support plant Manufacturing objectives.
- Participates in the development of production-related plans, budgets, and procedures. Contribute to safety, ergonomics, and meeting regulatory compliance related to functional and electronic testing.
- Works across functional and organizational lines leveraging those relationships to support component development efforts.
- Coordinate implementation of Firmware changes to WIP and throughout factory
- Bachelor of science in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology preferred but will consider equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in design or process development of complex circuit board assemblies
- Strong knowledge of applicable standards including IPC 600, 610 and soldering standards
- Knowledgeable in implementing compliance to EU ROHS directives
- Working knowledge of SAP MRP system
- Requires working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Access
- Experience with Manual or automated testing of electronics.
- Able to produce good documentation.
- Lab testing of circuits using electrical test equipment
- Experience with developing process documentation, test methods and test plans.
- Experience with analysis and troubleshooting of lab equipment and hardware such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters, function generators, network analyzers, and supporting test PCBs.
- Electronic Prototyping and understanding of the software development process.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.