Eaton’s Vehicle Division is seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer for the Shenandoah, IA facility.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will develop, document, maintain and implement reliable and cost effective manufacturing processes while supporting manufacturing processes and equipment to assure capable and reliable production of quality parts while providing guidance on manufacturing issues. Additionally, the Senior Manufacturing Egineer will support production activities with other groups, and supervisory personnel, to ensure optimum operating and production objectives consistent with quality assurance requirements while leading continuous improvement initiatives and thrive for cost out achievements.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Maintain and update process documentation
- Establish part processing, implement processing and assembly of products to ensure the highest quality at the optimum production rate and the most economical cost
- Review new part drawings and processes for proper utilization of machines
- Continually evaluate safety, ergonomics, productivity and quality while improving process
- Maintain all jigs, fixtures, and tools in-house
- Serve as a liaison between machine tool manufacturer and shop employees during new equipment start-up
- Provide support for machine set-ups and training
- Trouble-shoot in production departments to minimize down-time
- Provide and implement training that will enable personnel to better perform their departmental functions as needed
- Furnish emergency tooling or alternate methods to support production
- Initiate and formalize cost savings at both plant and division levels
- Recommend and review new equipment purchases and plant layout to improve production
- Evaluate new equipment run-off and current equipment performance using SPC
- Productive management of Capital programs and expenditures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment in an engineering capacity
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing engineering environment
- Experience with CNC programming
- Experience with CMM programing
- Experience with Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools
- Experience supervising a team
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.