Eaton’s Electrical Industry is seeking talented Engineering
support for the Greenwood, SC facility.
Provide a broad range of seasoned,
professional engineering support to manufacturing operations and plant facility
maintenance; provide senior lead project responsibility for the execution of
complex projects and project assignments within the manufacturing and
engineering functions; create complex engineering documentation for
manufacturing needs; provide other coordination and technical guidance to
production personnel as appropriate.
- Deploy the ELSS, EQS and MESH tools to
improve productivity, quality and safety.
- Specify, design, quote, install, and
debug equipment for use in manufacturing.
- Maintain current knowledge and
understanding of manufacturing design and engineering, product capabilities in
assigned manufacturing areas.
- Specify, design, quote, order, oversee
installation, and debug equipment for use in manufacturing.
- Develop and implement improvements to
manufacturing and business processes; develop and implement improvements
through improved layouts and material handling procedures.
- Troubleshoot equipment and oversee
repairs as required.
- Assist hourly personnel and
supervisors in their efforts to improve their operations.
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee changes
and upgrades to the manufacturing facility.
- Train hourly operators in the use of
equipment and procedures.
- Develop and implement safety, health,
ergonomics, and environmental improvements within the manufacturing facility.
- Serve on special committees and
manufacturing area teams to help improve the plant operation and work
environment to meet strategic goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from
an accredited institution required
- Minimum 1 year of Manufacturing
Engineering experienced required
- Must be legally authorized to work in
the United States without Company sponsorship
- 2+ years of Manufacturing Engineering experience
- Hands on experience with Lean
- Experience working with ergonomics
- One year of experience in product
design, applications, engineering or manufacturing supervision
- Creative and have organizational
ability to effectively manage technical design projects and lower level
engineering or other personnel.
- Ability to travel as necessary (up to
10%) to effectively interface with customers and other related contacts, to
work at various outside/inside site locations, and to manage or participate in
company related projects, activities, or other job related assignments.
- Ability to originate, plan, direct,
and implement programs having only general objectives and often having no
previous engineering solutions for technical guidance.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time