DePuy Synthes is recruiting for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer, located in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will:
- Play a key role in developing and implementing processes for the manufacture and assembly of critical medical instruments.
- Lead and/or participate on cross-functional teams concentrating on the in-loading of a new product line for the Raynham facility. This will include working with the Lean, Product Development, Cost Improvements Project (CIP) team and the Quality group for the successful qualification of the product and process.
- Work with other manufacturing, process and quality engineers to develop new processes ensuring compliance with approved methods and quality standards.
- Lead projects with a primary focus on the Perforator Production Cell. Responsibilities include cost reduction projects, capital procurement, tooling and process design as well as safety improvements.
- Validation activities, customer complaints and product non-conformances.
- Drive quality and process improvements by effectively utilizing Process Excellence tools to improve operations and resolve complex process issues.
- Develop detailed project plans and work with a team to drive them to completion.
- Possess the ability to read, interpret, and utilize engineering drawings and electronic data for product and process development.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required, preferably in Mechanical Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years of engineering experience is required.
- Experience with manufacturing in a Clean Room environment is preferred.
- Experience in a Medical Device and/or regulated work environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) is required.
- CNC machining experience is required.
- Experience with Computer-Aided Design (CAD)/ Computer-Aided Manufacturing preferred.
- Process validation experience is required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required.
- Knowledge of statistical data analysis tools (e.g. Minitab) preferred.
- Project management experience is required.
- Knowledge of Process Excellence/Six Sigma tools and methodologies preferred.
- Process Excellence/Six Sigma (Green or Black Belt) Certification is preferred.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to function in a team based manufacturing environment.
- The ability to collaborate with all levels of management in a cross-functional team environment is required.
- This position may require up to 10% travel.
Synthes USA Products, LLC (6317)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.