DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to be located in Palm Beach Gardens, FL.
DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will:
- Develop, implement, maintain, and improve current manufacturing processes, including equipment, documentation, training, gages and tooling/fixtures, to optimize quality, productivity and cost performance.
- Interface regularly with the manager and manufacturing engineers to assure clear and concise communication in a leadership role.
- Identify and implement corrective actions to resolve manufacturing process problems through testing, evaluation, and analysis
- Lead the design for manufacturability process, prepares process FMEAs, root cause analyses, plans facility, equipment, and resource changes and initial product builds, and ensure that Manufacturing deliverables to Development Project Plans are completed and on time.
- Take on the most complex projects and activities that require cross functional teams involving various departments or sites.
- Plan, specify, select, validate and implement new equipment, processes and facilities in manufacturing.
- Develop and maintain labor standards as well as develop and implement process performance improvements based on process metrics.
- Comply with all quality system policies and procedures and may provide technical guidance / suggest technical solutions to peers within and outside the ME Dept.
- Understand and follow all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintains the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Diligently participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by his/her supervisor or our Chief Compliance Officer.
- Perform other special projects and functions as assigned by the department manager.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Industrial, or related engineering field is required.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience as a Manufacturing Engineer in a GMP or ISO regulated environment , including process validation, flow, lean manufacturing, and tool design is required.
- Ability to work closely with and communicate with technical and operational personnel is required. Ability to provide clearly written detailed reports is required.
- Ability to use basic measuring and test equipment and previous working knowledge of developing measurement methods is required.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve practical problems related to manufacturing, design, product performance and process efficiency is required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as test procedures, manuals, engineering drawings and specifications is required. Ability to apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirement(s) is required.
- Experience in a Six Sigma and/or Lean environment is required. Previous project management experience is preferred.
- Experience in a GMP or ISO regulated industry is required. Experience with Solid Works or similar CAD/drafting software is required.
- Computer proficiency in MS Project is preferred.
- This position is located in Palm Beach Gardens, FL and will require up to 20% domestic travel.
United States-Florida-Palm Beach GardensOrganization
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.