Mentor Worldwide, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family
of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer, located in
Mentor is a trusted
global leader in aesthetic medicine among both consumers and clinicians by
providing a broad range of innovative, science and clinical-based solutions to
maintain, enhance, and restore self-esteem and quality of life. The company has products and services in
three areas of aesthetics: breast
(augmentation and reconstruction), body and face.
Responsible to identify process improvement initiatives and
develops proposals for problem solving, improvement or optimization. Support
process improvement projects that have the objectives of developing more cost
efficient and quality enhanced processes. Establish machine and process
standards and overall equipment efficiency. Assist in the development of more
effective operational control systems. Evaluate data generated through studies
using statistical analytical methods. Responsible for the development and/or
revision of production standards and standard work documents. Develops, writes
and executes engineering studies, design of experiments, and IQ/OQ/PQ protocols
- Works on optimization of process output and
throughput, equipment utilization, equipment downtime, waste reduction /yield
improvements, budget management, standard cost and capital investment
- Provides technical support to the production
areas evaluating process deficiencies, process changes, modifications and
equipment failure. Defines, analyzes, reviews and evaluates problems for prompt
- Determines, adapts, and modifies methods and
standards to control all aspects of assigned projects or portions of major
- Coordinates phases of work with other
departments within the company and with other J&J divisions.
- Perform investigation and writes NC reports
following established timelines.
- Routes and follows up on NC reports through the
evaluation, review and approval processes to comply with the established
- Coordinates and participates in Cross Functional
Investigations (CFI )
- Revise and maintain engineering and equipment
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOP),
Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Company Policies and Federal, State and
Local Government Regulations.
- Map processes and analyze current status and
potential future states with improvements.
Define and quantify improvements to further analyze the gains. Use tools
from ME2, Lean and Six Sigma to create and execute CIP projects.
- Participates in GMP audits regarding equipment
recording and machine performance.
- Coordinates communications and interfaces with
end users, machine manufacturers and/ or suppliers.
- Participates in projects involving other
departments and activities (CIM, QIP, CFM, etc.).
- Writes, develops and implements validation
- Comply J&J Safety Requirements and ensure
safe working conditions and practices in the
- Reviews and analyzes data, understanding of
statistics and the application of statistical data, able to determine normal
and non-normal data along with probable causes of non-normal results.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering discipline is
- 4 years' experience in engineering in a medical
device or pharmaceuticals environment required.
- Advanced computer skills and use of software
applications. Strong computer background (MS Office, MS Project Management,
PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Proven ability to anticipate and solve problems.
- Ability to prioritize multiple commitments and
technical problem solving duties.
- Experience or knowledge in short and long term
- Standard hours are 8:00am-5:00pm
- This position is located in Irvine, TX and up to
25% travel, international and domestic.
Mentor Texas LP (6182)Job Function
Engineering (Generalist)Requisition ID
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.